can anybody tell me why this happens?

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
hey! can anyone tell me why it is that fat days happen?
ive lost 2 1/2 stone since i had mia.
ive completely changes how much i eat and have started running, going on walks and doing yoga.:thumbup:

im now at 11.5 and im still not happy with my weight, my target is 10 stone.:nope:

but i dont understand why one day i feel like i look nice (i mean nice as in my waist is more defined) and slim then days i look huge!(as in no waist).
the bottom of my tummy still hangs and is wrinkly but the top is toned-ish

my OH thinks its my imagination but i dont know, does anyone else get this and does anyone know why?:shrug:

I didn't want to read and run but I know what you mean about having good and bad days, but not about actually looking different xx

Actually, I can completely relate!

On days when I'm feeling good about myself, I see something positive in the mirror. And on days when I'm not feeling as good about myself, I look at the same reflection and think, "Why isn't all of the baby weight gone yet? I look SO FAT!"

Also, when I'm feeling better about myself, other people seem to agree. I'll be the exact same weight I was yesterday, but today, I'm wearing make-up and nice clothes and I paid attention to my hair, and everyone thinks I lost weight! But it's really just that how I'm feeling is showing.

I think it has to do with how we are feeling that day, what we're wearing etc. There are some days I think I look really nice and others when I look at myself and see how much work is left :dohh:

Yep i feel the same and it is actually noticable sometimes with my stomach etc and i think its water weight when that happens. Certain times of the mth we can retain up to 5lb in water. thats why we weigh diff at diff times of the day xxx

I totally relate to how you feel, since i've started out on my weight loss journey i've had many ups, and downs as to how i feel about my self. Some days i look at my self and think wow, you really are looking alot slimmer, then other days i can't bare to look at myself in the mirror as i feel yuk & fat!

I've noticed some days i look quite bloated compared to others but thats usually when i eat alot of carbs like bread, potatos, and pasta.

Also, as africaqueen has mentioned, when it's that time of month, we tend to retain alot of water. That usually makes my confidence go down hill, and makes me feel more fat and frumpy. Lets face it, we are girls and we are probably never going to be 100% happy with how we look. :)

i totally agree that we will probably never be happy, but id like to be at least ok with it lol
i never knew this about the water being stored! is it impossible to get rid of it? lol
i think im just getting a bit fed up, the weights not coming off quickly enough now!
i just dont have the motivation, which is odd because after a big workout, the next day i always think i look slimmer which is odd lol you'd think this would be enough motivation lol

Try keeping track of what you ate the day before or the day of. If I've eaten something really salty, I see a dramatic amount of water retention! Forget a five lbs difference in a month - I can see that in 24 hours.
I wonder if that's part of what you are seeing?

I do agree with the others that our mood really affects our self perception.

aaaahhhh yer maybe! i never even thought of that!
maybe just cut out as much salt as possible and see what happens xx

I hve ups & downs like this about how I look all the time...and I agree that TOTM really affects how I feel about myself AND what I eat lol.....def agree that your mood affects how you see yourself. I wish I was 11.5 stones lol my goal weight is 12 stones, working hard on it :winkwink: x

I hve ups & downs like this about how I look all the time...and I agree that TOTM really affects how I feel about myself AND what I eat lol.....def agree that your mood affects how you see yourself. I wish I was 11.5 stones lol my goal weight is 12 stones, working hard on it :winkwink: x

im sure you will get there! im very confident you will! :hugs:
it took so much hard work i was nearly 14 stone and ive been trying to lose it since Aug last year!
but i found if you think of the things you do most, like my ahbit was making a sarnie when the kids had gone to bed (a habit i picked up from when i was suffering from insomnia when preg with mia!) and i used to drink nothing but fizzy pop and 2 sugar tea's, once id made little changes like that the weight started dropping!:happydance:

it really sucks when youve worked your arse off then look in the mirror and feel like you look like poo!:dohh:

good luck xxx

I actually quite literally bloat up on my ovulation days and it takes a few days to disappear and I never realized this until I started tracking ovulation/weight. Being a woman suck sometimes. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->