can anyone advise me after a d&c?

poppielia

Reaction score
hi all.
sadly when i was 9 weeks pregnant we went for an early scan and they found just an empty sac. We was devastated.
i didnt miscarry naturaly so 2 weeks ago today i had a d&c to clear everything out.

my bleeding has finaly stopped and all ive been left with yesterday and today is a clearish jelly type mucus, tinged with browny beige bits in it. so am hoping things are settling down now.
ive been using pregnancy tests every day to see when i get negatives and while i am now no longer getting a line on the internet cheapy tests as of yesterday....i am still getting a positive 1-2 weeks pregnancy result on the clearblue digi test...as of today. so i am assuming the hormones are dropping right down but that i still have some hcg in my system.
ive always got positive results on the cb digi tests in my last two pregnancies at 9dpo so i know they are pretty sensitive and have decided to leave it another 4 days before i retest to see if i finaly get a negative result.
on a better note...ive got my first negative olulation tests on the cheap internet tests and the clearblue digi tests as of yesterday...i was getting very strong positives before so that encourages me that things might be getting back to normal now for me.
we are desperate to ttc again straight away but i am assuming i need negative pregnancy test results before my cycle will kick in again....is this the case?
we dont want to wait for af to arrive to start trying, so if and when i start getting positive ovulation tests again we will start trying again but we shall see if that does indeed happen before af arrives...and in fairness i have no idea when that may be...and thats hard for me as my cycle is so predictable normaly but i am aware after a d&c that my cycle could be all over the place.
i am so frustrated though and desperate to be pregnant again as the one we lost was so very much wanted and i feel so empty since the loss.
does anyone have any thoughts or ideas that might help?
i would very much appreciate any ideas or your thoughts.
thanks in advance x

hi iv no advice on d&c as i had a natural mmc in june , from my exp i stopped bleeding /passing on 2nd july ,then had a period like bleed on 15th , and O-ed yes, my hpt went neg on 30th of june , iv read it has to be neg b4 a new cycle will begin, but dont know for sure , sorry if this dont help much :hugs:

I had a D&C on 9th June, and had something retained, i only started getting negative tests after whatever was left had passed, which was around 4-5 weeks afterwards, then i had 2 weeks of fresh blood and hopefully back to normal now. Hope that helps.

i lost my baby at 9wks on 30th june had d&c still no af every1 is dif sometimes it can take couple mths 2 get bk 2 normal i wud ask yr gp my cycles wer every 28 days. since d&C no af but did test bfn 30th july

I was still testing positive for about 10 days after my D&C, but came on my period 32 days after the surgery. So it would have been negative for about 20 days.

I got confused with dates, negative testing, ovulation etc etc so I ended up just waiting for my first AF before we started trying again. Wanted to start with a clear slate.

I had a d&c on the 14th July, like you had positive opks and preg tests for about a week after since then my opks have had faint lines one day and nothing the next I'm on cd 19 and no positive opk yet?? Loads spotting about 7 days after we had sex and sore boobs and cramps in my lower right side, by way too early for me to be pregnant so think my hormones are just adjusting, although we have had sex a lot inthe hope we get bfp straight away. X good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->