Can anyone give me the basics of temping an reading my chart?

Kezzybear

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm going to start temping next cycle. My BBT is on it's way in the post. I know that I test either vaginally or orally everyday before I get up or do anything. What else do I do and what do I watch out for on my chart?

Any advice would be appreciated! I am two weeks post miscarriage and need something new to keep me occupied so thought i would give temping a go!

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

Hi :wave:

So with temping you do it every day, at the same time, preferably in the morning before you get up, pee, talk, or move at all. I use the app fertility friend though most BBTs come with a little chart you can pencil in.

Generally temps stay on the lower range post AF and slowly go up. Most women show a significant dip in temperature on Ov day. If you ovulated your temps will stay up for 3 consecutive days (that's what I've read anyway). They will then either stay up post ovulation, and will drop right before AF or go up even higher (this is called a triphasic cycle) to show pregnancy.

With my temps I saw them drop significantly (from 98.9 down to 96.7) the 2 days before the red witch came.

I attached the end of my last cycle for reference. I hope this helps. :) and baby dust to you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-04-06-47-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-04-06-47-11.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for replying Hun!! That's great info! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. Hopefully I do it right :)

Baby dust to you too! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->