can anyone help...really worried

twinkle

TTC 1st
Reaction score
Hi there, please can anyone help if they have experienced this....i have regular 28 day cycles.....had my period in september..then 16 days after that one begun i then started another one ( last sunday) i had been doing opks since day 9 and had no smiley face..i always get one at about day 13...? so i have had 2 periods 2 weeks apart...this one is trailing off now i think...started by a bit of clear mucus with a tiny blood bit in it and then by the monday was a period....bright red blood...then it went to dark brown by friday and now its almost finished...was not at all heavy...my periods are always extremely heay with clots and lots of pain... i have been having acupuncture weekly for the last 5 weeks so may be its to do with that....in theory my next period is due on friday next week...hope it all sorts itself out...i havent got another acupuncture for 3 weeks. I am 44 and have had all tests done and they only thing that they could come up with was that my 21 day progesterone level is 28 and they said that it should be 30 to prove that i have definately ovulated...i have had clomid last year and have taken a break...was gonna have one last shot this year with my last 2 rounds..but cant do anything at the mo as dont know whats going on !!!

Hi Twinkle

I'm afraid I can't think of any reason why this might have happend but I just wanted to wish you all the very best :flower:

xxx

Hi Twinkle

Sounds really confusing. I read something recently that apparently once we're over 35 it's quite common to not ovulate in 25% of cycles. You say you're normally a 28 day cycle? I am too but over the years have had a few strange ones that have come really early or really late (and not when I've been TTC!).

Also, a few months back when I got a BFP (sadly had a miscarriage) - I didn't actually get a positive OPK that month but must have ovulated in order to get a BFP. I did quite a lot of reading around it and found that sometimes the LH surge lasts less than 24 hours in which case you don't get a positive unless you're testing twice a day - also that your levels are lowest first thing in the morning so if you only test in the morning this is more likely.

Fingers crossed for you that it sorts itself out xx

Hello Twinkle,
Hope your ok there?.... I had this as well in July, went to my GP about it, he mention menopausal at first,but i remined him im TTC and my mum didnt hit menopausse until 54!! surley it wanst that...then he said I could of been very early pregnant, but it just didnt implant, hence the very early bleed, or could of been I didnt ovulate and that caused an early bleed, or my theory was I started taking vits and herbal stuff,and it was balancing or unbalancing me out:shrug: who knows which one tho... next monthly came back as norm 28 days bang on.....and again in sept too..so what that was about i dont really know, but i dont think you should worry too much, like you said, could be the acupunture doing it, ask the person who does it if it could be that....but also, I wanted to say,what leeze said.... i didnt know that in 25% of cycles, after aged 35, we may not ovulate, thats intresting isnt it really, take care xxx

Hey hope the wise ladies above have been able to help - I just wanted to send hugs from one Twinkle to another! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->