Can anyone help with HCG levels?

jescapt

Pregnant with 2nd Child
Reaction score
Went to doctors Thursday after getting a :bfp: BFP :bfp: on Tuesday 4-7 to have bloodwork to confirm pregnancy. The nurse called me back and said my HCG was 65, congratulations I am pregnant. :happydance: I am not due for :witch: until Monday 4-13 so My BFP would have been Cycle day 21 and bloodwork would have been around 8 DPO. What do you girls think about my HCG level? I am going to have a repeat HCG bloodwork quantitative Monday to make sure that my levels are doubling/tripling appropriately. I had a missed miscarriage in Dec 08 at 13 weeks (u/s at 7 wks saw hb, u/s at 13 wks showed baby stopped growing at 10wks) and a chemical pregnancy in Feb 09 at 4 weeks 3 days, so im a little nervous this time around. I have a 7 year old little boy so my doctors are not placing me at high risk this pregnancy because I have had one successful pregnancy although I have had 2 miscarriages.
Thanks in advance girls, if you could share your numbers to ease my mind or your opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Well there's really no way to tell until you get a second reading exactly what's going on, since it's all about the rate of rise and not just one number. Did you get your bfp on and ehpt or a regular hpt?

That is what the nurse from my OB office said as well, just curious as to what other expecting mom's numbers were... I took an ehpt 7DPO and got a faint positive, so I tested again with another ehpt 8DPO to rule out vapor lines and then took a clearblue easy digital and they were both positive. Took another Clearblue easy digital 9 and 10DPO since I had them from in the pack I originally bought and they were all positive too. I guess I was in shock and/or wanted to make sure it didnt say "not pregnant" again like my last m/c. Feb I took a Clearblue and it was positive 10DPO and then 4 days later was negative and I m/c'd. So I guess that is why I tested a few times

Frippledip- what is your edd?

I think my edd is Dec 7, that's what all the online calculators say when I go by the day of ovulation. OK let's break it down. Let's say if you got a faint positive on 7dpo then your HcG would be around 20 or just over that, but we'll say it was 25. Then on 10dpo it's 65. By the HcG calculator you would be doubling about every 52 hours, and that sounds just about right!

From what I can remember I think I was 14dpo when I got my first reading and it was 256. I had some issues with my HcG with a previous pregnancy that ended very early, so I started out watching this one like a hawk.

It sounds like your HcG is doing just fine, I'm sure you'll get a great reading next visit! Also I'm sorry for your previous loss...try not to panic as I did for the first week after my new BFP...it does no good!

65 @ 8dpo is very good!

The general rule is that you want 100+ around the time you're due for your period.

I had beta at 15dpo and hcg was 129 and nurses at my clinic said that was great. It is lower than many other women I know so I am having follow up bloods on Tuesday where it should then be around 450.

Good luck for your follow up bloods.

At 12dpo my bloods were 21! so yours are good honey!

Hiya Ive read the following on another thread

at 14 dpo average is 48 typical range 17-119
at 15 dpo average is 59 typical range 17-147
at 16 dpo average is 95 typical range 33-223
at 17 dpo average is 132 typical range 17-429

etc etc

So in other words sounds to me that you are pretty much into normal range and you shouldnt worry. I am having my second Hcg testing tomorrow as I had spotting and feeling very scared due to a previous m/c so I was reading on Hcg levels for the past 3 days ( completely pananoid )

So no worries hon, sounds to me your levels are great

Hugs!

Thanks to everyone who responded... good luck with your testing fluxuspoem, I'll be thinking of you! I definatley know how you feel! Good luck to you too FJL!!!

Ok- got my second blood reading and it was 13. Started bleeding today :( Very disappointed. Have to wait 3 months to TTC again. Good Luck girls.

I am so sorry you are going through this. :hugs: Hard to know what to say - and I have had early miscarriages myself. Just wanted you to know you have support and we are all here for you to "cry on our shoulders" if you want.

I am so so very sorry - you poor thing, that is terrible news for you and your DH and son.

It will happen for you next time.

Love and thoughts

x

I am very sorry. I am also very worried that mine will not progress as I started having brown bleeding and tiny clots ( exactly the same as my previous mc and at the same time!)

We must not loose faith and keep trying.

Big hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->