can anyone help?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi,

ive had a cold now for more than a week and i cant seem to budge it and ive had enough of it now.
it started off with a sore throat and a really bad headache(my sinuses i think) then it went to a head cold blocked nose, sore throat, headaches then it went to a dry tickley cough then my voice went and i thought after that it would of gone but my voice is back,my nose is still blocked still have a cough and i feel so rough.

i wanted to avoid medicines but im getting to the stage now where i want this cold to go.
ive tryed soothers for my sore throat,vicks vapour rub,putting my head over a bowl of boiling water for the steam.

what else can i do?

what medicine can i take. im not wanting to take it every 4 hours just once or twice in the day and before i go to bed.

sorry this is long but ive had enough of this cold and i want it GONE.

can any of you help?

i know from my gp iits okay to take paracetamol in moderation. im not sure about lemsip beechams etc but you could try making a hot lemon and honey drink, i normally put a bit of whisky in it though but not enough to get you drunk just to soothe my throat.
you could ring your midwife/gp and ask but i think they'll just say paracetomol
sorry im not more help hun x

yeh i went to the doctor with a similar thing a few months ago and all she said was to take paracetemol. took ages to go aswell, as they are just to make you feel better not actually get rid of the infection (i think).

thanks girls

ive just called the pharmacy and asked and all she said was to take
paracetemol and vicks vapour rub and honey and lemon with hot water.

she said i cant take any medicine,so its gonna be a case of waiting for it to go.

If you still have a sore throat boil the kettle, put some salt in a cup, put the boiling water in, let it cool and then gargle and spit as it will help to shift any infection hopes it helps and you feel better soon x

thanks danielle19
ill give that a go thanks.

I've also found that hard candies help me when I have a sore throat. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Poor you , i know how you feel, i had it for over 2 weeks and it drove me mad.

I gargled with antiseptic mouthwash to clear any infection in throat ! Just becareful not to swallow any ! yuk !

Hope you feel better soon xx

I've also found that hard candies help me when I have a sore throat. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

thanks vickie,i dont have much of a sore throat any more its just a cough now.

thank you everyone for your replys. x x

The candies helped me with coughing too, worth a shot anyways.

Ive had a cold/ cough for about 3 weeks driving me mad! Apparently when your preggers your immune system is suppressed and its easier to catch things and harder to get rid of them! hope you feel better soon x

Ive had a cold/ cough for about 3 weeks driving me mad! Apparently when your preggers your immune system is suppressed and its easier to catch things and harder to get rid of them! hope you feel better soon x

yes this is my second cold since being pregnant and usually i rearly get colds.

fingers crossed i can get some sleep tonight.

Oh you poor thing I know how you feel! I had the worse cold I've ever had for 2 weeks over xmas and all I could do was suck on soothers and lockets.
If you can, get to a health food place and pick up some ginger, lemon and honey tea. It's quite strong but really clears your head ;)

Here in China they don't let you take paracetamol, either. I read on the net (European & American sites) that it would be ok and tried to buy some when I had a cold for over a week. Every pharmacy straight-out refused to sell me any when I said I was pregnant, and the leaflets inside the packets all have a warning not to take any when pregnant. This is for both Chinese and Western brands (we get brands like Tylenol etc. here).

It's hard to say who's right, but just thought I'd share this. I ended up just waiting it out...lots of hot drinks, honey and fruits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->