Can anyone please help? 10th centile and dropping

Paloma123

Cooking number 2
Reaction score
Wow I really don't know where to start, but my first baby was born low birth weight which has meant this pregnancy I've had to have growth scans and monitoring etc...

Everything seemed to be okay, but now at 32 week growth scan it has shown her weight is tapering off and she's now bang on the 10th centile.
The consultant has told me that I am to go for another growth scan in 2 weeks, (so I shall be 34 weeks then) and if baby has dropped below this line, they need to plan to get her out. Obviously I am scared and thinking what the hell is wrong with my body that means I can't ever manage to produce a functioning, working placenta to feed a baby?!

They have given me a round of steroid injections so I'm assuming they're more than likely convinced she will be coming out soon,

My questions are this...

1: To stay on the 10th centile line, she has to gain 1lb in 2 weeks. Is this possible?! It took her 4 weeks to gain just over a pound since the 28 week scan so I'm not holding out much hope..

2: my previous was an emcs, is natural delivery safer for an early baby than a section? I really don't know what to do for the best if they give me an option. I just want her safe and well as can be, obviously.

I can't sleep, I'm having nightmares, I can't eat.. It's all I think about.

If anyone can offer any advice or experience that would be brilliant. I know she wouldn't be a preemie as such and there's so many of you with bigger problems and earlier babies, but I am quite scared xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->