Can anyone please recommend something for a blocked up nose?

KimB1980

IVF Success
Reaction score
Alice has a little cold - she's ok in herself but has a cough and a blocked up nose. I've seen the saline drops and the calpol nasal spray but would like a recommendation before we get something at lunchtime.
Thanks

I never bother with the drops. GP told me a couple of drops of breastmilk or water do the same thing ie make them sneeze. Try Snufflebabe or the plus ins for her room maybe?

Saline drops and Karvol capsuls. U snap them and its oil inside which u spread on their bedding.
They are quite strong though so i used to put them at the bottom of her cot rather than the top. Work brilliantly.
Also u can get the Calpol plug in vapouriser too. its very good but quite strong and also has a night light which is quite brigh so better if u have a big room or put it in the room for a few hrs before LO goes to bed then remove it.
Hope ur LO is better soon

Sit her in the shower room hun with lots of steam. Or run a red hot bath and let the room steam up...should help a little x

I would recommend the Nasosal drops over the spray. My LO is too young for Karvol but I would use that too. You can get humidifiers which keep the room air moist and help clear blockages. You can use these machines with the Karvol drops too.

My lo has had a cold from about 2 weeks old onwards. Saline nasal spray worked to loosen the stuffy nose but didn't clear it. x

I used to use saline drops plus a little handheld nose cleaner pump. After I tried this https://www.orrszivoporszivo.hu/?menupont2=4 looks scary, but is absolutely fantastic and quick way to clean LO's nose.

Also, some steam can help and here in Belgium you can get a eucalyptus cream (like Vicks, but not Vicks) which can be used from 6 mnoths upwards.

Saline spray and drops and a nasal aspirator. Boots own is the best one. Also karvol plug in. I put it on half hour before LO goes bed and put a vapour rub on a burb cloth and put it near her but out of reach x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->