Can anyone reassure me about cervical stitches?

Jody R

Reaction score
can anyone here give me any advice about cervical stitches?

When Elisabeth was born prematurely following the road accident they told me that to be on the safe side I would need a cervical stitch in my next pregnancy, since my cervix opened at 22+4 weeks. My daugher was too tiny to be saved and I was very ill from an infected placenta. I know the stitch is said to have a good success rate when done early but because I had such a bad time I am scared about having it done again. It brings back upsetting memories.

They tried to put one in place to close it and keep her safe but it did not work. But since it is normally done at 12 or 13 weeks I am hopeful it will work next time.

But I would love some reassurance from people who have been through this and had a successful pregnancy.

I'd especially like to know if you could still work or if you had to go on bed rest and if you went to term or not with the pregnancy.

I know I am being a bit nosy but I would really appreciate any help and advice you can give if you don't mind. I'd just like a bit of reassurance as I am TTC and feeling a bit scared about going back into the operating theatre. I'd be really greatful if someone can help.

just wanted to stop by and say i am very very sorry for you lost ...
i will be glad to chat with you in the ttc section:hugs:

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my little girl at 20 weeks last year, had no idea I had IC as had had 3 other full term births. It was too late for a stitch then as I also had a severe infection and was fully dilated. I am now pg again, 25 weeks. Cervical scans showed I was funneling at 20 weeks. I had a stitch and was also terrified of theatre and complications. I was told not to lift anything heavy but I try to lie/sit down most the day and not stand for any length of time. I am very scared but without the stitch I would not have got this far. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->