Can anyone relate? (Coping with body changes)

ssb85

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently 29w2d and I'm a bit concerned about what my body is going through.. I seem to be experiencing a lot of symptoms/experiences that no other mother/pregnant woman I know has gone through. Can anyone relate to the below?

- my breast size has gone up from a 34dd to a 36H!
- since 8 weeks I started gaining a lot of weight, even though I had awful sickness and couldn't eat much
- my breasts have been leaking copious amounts of colostrum/milk since 22 weeks
- my pelvis is in a lot of pain, sometimes I can't walk
- I had to stop wearing my rings because of swelling at 25 weeks
- my arms, legs, face, you name it have doubled in size
- I was a pre pregnancy uk 10-12 and now I'm wearing maternity size 14-16 and because my boobs are massive now they hide the bump so I swear I just look fat to strangers!

ive asked the professionals for their opinion - is the severe increase in size a weight thing or a hormone/ fluid / water retention issue but none have taken me seriously- they just laugh and say each woman is different but I'm genuinely dying to know what this weight gain is made up of - incase there is something I can do to prevent it if it's not necessary and keep my baby as healthy as possible. I'm eating much healthier than I did before pregnancy but pretty much the same amounts, but due to restricted movements I'm not walking or exercising as much.

It's really getting me down, seeing other pregnant women look like themselves but with bump and extra boobs, and I struggle to find flattering clothes that will fit and show that I'm actually pregnant. I catch myself in the mirror and don't recognise who it is, and of course it is making me anxious incase in the extra weight is putting strain on my body and my baby, making delivery more difficult.

Thank you in advance!

I can relate.

Boobs fone from 34B to 36D. Size from 8 to 12 and weight from 50kg to 73kg now.

Pelvic pain started at 30 weeks (am 34 now). I have been waddling since 26 weeks due to extra weight. The bay measured a week ahead at 20 weeks scan.

I am worried about my weight coz dont want to get high BP or pre E. But i eat really healthy just lots of it lol.

I have had a few extra appts with the consultant and she is never concerned about my weight gain. So I guess if she isnt why should I?

The problem i have is tummy aches like everywhere, hip pain and pelvic pain. I noticed that if i am active during the day then i ache like crazy during the eve and night, if i take it easy then no problem.

Driving is hard now too.

Dont worry about your weight if you are healthy otherwise, remember you are growing a little human :)

Forgot to say, i have a fear of throwing up (wierd right), so in the first trimerster whenever id feel sick i would just eat and the sickness would stop. So my main weight gain was in the first tri too.

It may just be the way you gain weight. I tend to gain all over as well. I was pretty petite when I got pregnant and have gone up 3 pant sizes. My boobs went from a 34C (on the first notch) to a 34DD (on the last notch). I don't tend to gain weight up top as much but my butt is HUGE. Luckily my husband is very reassuring and I think that is the only reason I am not completely miserable with how I look. I just do not find myself attractive when I'm pregnant. I didn't with my first and I don't with this one. Luckily, if past experience holds up, most of the weight that I gain falls off in the first few months due to breastfeeding. You can get your pre baby body back though. After baby gets here, breastfeeding should help take off a good chunk of it. Then eating healthy and exercise will do the rest. I also found this very helpful to remember:

"Your body begins getting ready for your baby by storing fat. Most of this fat is stored during the early weeks of pregnancy. Some fat is stored in weeks 14 through 28. Almost no fat is stored during weeks 29 to 40. This extra fat is stored over your back, abdomen, and upper thighs; therefore, the clothes you wore comfortably a few weeks earlier may not fit even before you begin to show. Fat is stored opposite the growth rate of your baby, which is minimal during the first half of pregnancy and rapid during the last half. Stored fat provides a reserve of calories for you and your baby to use in the last 10 to 12 weeks. This is the time when your diet may not be able to keep up with the nutritional needs of you and your baby."
https://www.healthpages.org/preventing-preterm-birth/growing-healthy-baby/

I'm a slim Girl. I weigh 130 and am 5"6. With my first when I delivered I weighed in at 205 pounds!!! I gained 75#. I looked deformed. I retained so much water that the night I gave birth I automatically lost 30# the minute I got home from hospital. By 9 months post partum I was 120#. So down all the weight I gained plus an additional 10. I was on a beach in Jamaica wearing Victoria secret bikinis. It all came off with some working out and minimal dieting. My second I gained 65# ... It look a year to loose it all so a tad longer with lots of exercise and dieting but once again I came back looking great! This time I'm getting huge again. I just accepted it. That's what my body does. It will all come off in the end just don't get too down about it it's not worth it. Pregnancy is a temporary state it shall pass just try to ride it out. Take lots of pics because I promise u will look back and laugh at them one day real soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->