• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can baby aspirin cause spotting in pregnancy??

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I'm 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow.
I have been taking 75mg of baby aspirin because I had 4 chemical pregnancies last year.
I started taking it from BFP and have been taking 75mg daily.

I had spotting at 14dpo which I just put down to implantation.
Then I had some more spotting around 5 weeks.
Last week at 6 weeks I had a light bleed.

And yesterday and the day b4 I had more spotting.

It's very very light pink and only happened when wiping, probably about 3 wipes and then it stops.

Because I actually had a light bleed (not spotting) last week I had a emergency ultrasound.
Thankfully baby was fine and had a strong HB. The lady that performed the ultrasound said everything looked great and I was measuring bang on.

She cudnt see any reason for the bleeding or spotting, I didn't mention the aspirin.

I have another ultrasound next week on the 19th Feb I will be 8+1 and I just can't get excited for it I just feel scared and worried.

Has anyone else been on baby aspirin and spotted in pregnancy?

I don't know if I should stop taking them??

I've had zero spotting today it's back to clear again.

I'm just so worried that this spotting will eventually lead to a MC.
I have had 7 losses in total but do have healthy children to.

Shud I be worried.
I have my booking in appointment with the midwife on Wednesday next week and I will bring it up to her.

I'm always so anxious and always scared everytime I go bathroom incase I see blood. I have to go the scan alone because of covid.

I just hope I don't get bad news[-o<

I haven't taken the aspirin today and no spotting today.
I really hope it is just down to that

Were you prescribed the aspirin? It can be beneficial in some women: those at higher risk of pre-eclampsia, and those who have a particular type of reccurrent miscarriage: but it can also have risks to you and baby so it would be up to a healthcare provider to weigh up your own medical history and decide if it is a suitable course of action for you or not. I would advise speaking with your GP or midwife before self-medicating. If they have prescribed it for you, then keep taking it but call and raise your concerns with them, they might suggest an alternative. Definitely something you need to discuss with a qualified professional though.

Yes it's prescribed by my doctor hon

Best to have a chat with them, then. If they think you should be on it, best to keep taking it - but give them a call and let them know your worries. They can tell you if it's likely the cause of your problems or not, far better than anyone on here can. :)

Best to have a chat with them, then. If they think you should be on it, best to keep taking it - but give them a call and let them know your worries. They can tell you if it's likely the cause of your problems or not, far better than anyone on here can. :)

Sorry hon I forgot about this post hahha.
No more spotting since so that's good but will bring it up to my midwife on Wednesday at my booking in appointment.

Been feeling very sick so all good signs

Hopefully scan will go well on Friday and I am getting excited for it now but still a bit anxious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->