Can baby feel when I touch my belly?

Leami

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I dont have even a hint of a bump yet, but I like just placing my hand on my belly and stroking it. Just loving and caressing baby <3

I know its water around baby and stuff, and its tiny, but does it "feel" it when I do this? Maybe the pressure?

Maybe its a bit early for it, I just want to hold and touch my baby so much :)

xx

No, the nervous system and 5 senses to not develop until 2nd trimester.

No. Your uterus is likely still behind your pubic bone (which is good, since it means it's protected). Even in later pregnancy, babies are so well protected that it takes trauma as big as a car crash to harm them. When midwives/doctors try and feel baby, or move the baby, they get pretty violent - incredibly so sometimes - and it doesn't harm the baby one bit. So they're very well shielded in there, meaning that there's no way they'll feel your hand I'm afraid.

Don't stop bonding with your baby though. By a certain point babies can hear (can't remember precisely when - google will know!) and it's been shown that babies recognise their mums' voices immediately after birth. So talking and singing to the baby is a great way to bond!!

Thank you for your advice ladies! I'll keep bonding with my baby then xx :)

Hi everyone!

I dont have even a hint of a bump yet, but I like just placing my hand on my belly and stroking it. Just loving and caressing baby <3

I know its water around baby and stuff, and its tiny, but does it "feel" it when I do this? Maybe the pressure?

Maybe its a bit early for it, I just want to hold and touch my baby so much :)

xx

The baby won't feel it yet.
I always go to sleep with my hand on my belly, letting them know how much we love them and care, asking them to grow properly, healthy, how much we're waiting to meet them and hold, and hug...
Even though they can't hear or feel, someone up there is listening and passing it on to my baby. And anyways, I know my baby can feel my thoughts and love. (I know how religious that sounds, but I am in no way religious!)

One of the most ridicules things I have heard was that stroking your belly too much could cause a MC. Some people say the most stupidest things. That does most definitely NOT cause any harm! Only love <3

Aw thanks Nina83! :)

That made me feel really good. It makes a lot of sense. So I can know that even if it doesn't feel it, it kind of get the love anyway <3

How far along are you now?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->