Can breastfeeding cause MC

dancareoi

2 DS 2 DD 3 Angels
Reaction score
I have a 20 month old son. I was breastfeeding him a lot when he was litte,then as he got older I just did it first thing in the morning and on an evening before his bottle.
In October i found I was pregnant, I still breastfed in the morning but stopped at night.
I had read that sometimes it can cause MC due to the uterus contracting.
On dec 8th I had 12-13 week scan and all was good - i then decided as a new baby was on the way i would stop with my son.
However on 9th jan at 17 weeks I found baby had died a 13-14 weeks.
I don`t think the breastfeeding caused it, but just trying to find some answers.:cry::cry::cry:

i highly doubt it hun!! breast milk is a hormonal thing im sure so it wouldnt have any effect on losing a baby but then again im no doctor! ive never gotten an answer for my loss so i understand how frustrating it can be! have you been back for a chat with your doctor yet to get some results?? sometimes they never find answers sadly but they put it down to a chromosomal thing and what they said to me was maybe when i had my 12 weeks scan the chromosome the baby needed further along hadnt been developed yet. so everything looked perfectly normal and then when i went for my 20 week scan they knew something was wrong due to the babies size etc....

i really hope you get some answers but please dont blame yourself, theres nothing in this world you did wrong xxxx

My advice is ask the doctor. I have no idea about whether it could or not. I know its supposed to be a good method of contraception though as it control the hormones. It might be worth asking to cross that off the list of possible causes. Its horrible not knowing why. I didnt get an answer so I just think next time I wont do so much exercise or do different classes that would put to much pressure on my body. Unfortunately these things happen & they dont find causes.... it doesnt make it easy but it puts us in good odds that it shouldnt happen in the future xx

I wouldn't think so, but then again I don't know for sure. I know a lot of women who were breast feeding and also were pregnant and had babies that were fine.
I know how sad it is when you don't have an answer :cry::cry:I am so sorry.
Ava's cells never grew so all they could say was chromosomal, but really will I ever know? I believe in seeing proof and I just don't have that so I just don't know why she died. My friend also lost a baby to stillbirth. The baby was fine she had a sonogram a week before she gave birth and then she went on her due date had her daughter and she was stillborn :cry::cry::cry: They could give her no reason. She did go on to have a beautiful baby boy a year later. I am so sorry we all are going through this, maybe some further research is needed on this..
XOXOXOOX :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My answer is no. The only case where it may not be a good thing to do is if baby is going to be premature. I was told my girl would be lucky to make it to 32 weeks if her surgery in utero went well, I wasn't bf;ing my son but was considering pumping in advance so she'd have some milk from me when she was born but was told that I shouldn't just in case. I also was told it likely would do nothing but not to take the risk so I would say your bf;ing had nothing to do with it.

Honey sooooooooooooooooo many people tandem feed, which is feeding their new baby at the same time as their toddler. I wouldnt even wager a penny that breastfeeding caused this. There is just no way :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->