Can coughing cause spotting?

RubysMommy

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm 11+3 weeks and had a bit of dark pink spotting this morning.

When I woke up I went to use the bathroom and started coughing while I was going. Which made my pee come out extra fast... Then I noticed the spotting when I wiped. I don't seem to be cramping and I've used the bathroom a few times since and haven't had any spotting.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had something similar happen? I haven't called my midwife yet. I figured I'll call if I see any more. Thanks for any responses!

Not through coughing but going for urm yeah lol not a wee :p I think it's because your cervix is major league sensitive so things like coughing or any pressure down there seems to cause it on loads of women xx

Thanks for replying! As the day goes on I'm not freaking out as much. Im hoping it was a one time thing. It's just so scary.

I spotted at 7 weeks due to cervix irritation. I called my dr. Nd he said it can be caused by taking a bm, coughing, sex, or an exam. Mine was from a bm, but he said it was quite common to get it from any of those things! Mine was only that one time too. Then at 10 weeks I had one spot of red. Had a scan and all is well!

Thanks so much for the reassurance! I really appreciate it.

I have had a pink spot three times from a BM, twice very early (4-5 weeks) and once at 8+ weeks. It never happens any other times.

Thanks for the comment! My midwife wasn't concerned unless something else happens before my next appointment on the 27th. I was worried I would have to go in for a Rhogam shot since I'm rh negative, but she said I was fine not to.

I have had a pink spot three times from a BM, twice very early (4-5 weeks) and once at 8+ weeks. It never happens any other times.

Snap!

I say that, I've now had spotting the day after sex and I've called my doctor to see if I can get in any earlier. I just want to make sure all is well. It was brown this time but still. I still haven't had an appointment yet.

The sex one is definitely normal :) it's irritation to the cervix xx

I've already told my fiance' he's not touching me until I see a heartbeat. I'll touch him but he can't touch me...lol (TMI)

That's scary misspriss! I hope you can get in early!

DH asked if I wanted to have sexy time last night and I told him NO WAY! Lol poor DH.

Miss priss- did u get in to see you ob yet? How are you doing?

Miss priss- did u get in to see you ob yet? How are you doing?

No, not yet. A week from tomorrow still. No more spotting. I called, they said the little bits I had were normal and take it easy for a few days. We haven't DTD since, but I think we will be okay now.

I had/have a nasty bout of coughing thanks to allergies, and because I barely took anything for it, it got pretty bad for petty long.

Same time I started spotting brown for a week and a half.

My coughing has gotten better, and my spotting stopped.

I think they are related.

I just had an ultrasound, don't know what else, if they found anything to explain the spotting, but baby is measured spot on with a nice heartbeat!

Thanks for the response! I'm glad everything is ok with your baby! And I hope you start feeling better too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->