Can depo provera cause low HCG levels

lilpinkkitty

Reaction score
iwas wondering if i had been on depo provera injections in the past, can it casue me to have low hcg levels??

Not sure what you mean hun, are you pregnant? In non-pregnant women, hCG levels are normally undetectable.

i missed my period, and did a hpt but it came back negative- i wondered if depo provera would have slightly messed my levels up abit?

I would doubt it, but I dont know for sure. If you are just off depo its more likely that you body is getting back to normal. I believe that it can take a while. Good luck though. XXX

hey hun im not sure it would mess up the levels or not you need the hormone to be
pregnant.... i know that it can make your periods irregular. :hugs:

i missed my period, and did a hpt but it came back negative- i wondered if depo provera would have slightly messed my levels up abit?

Have your periods come back at all? It may take a few cycles or longer to get your periods back. I was on Depo and my periods never came back so I was put on the pill for 3 months to bring them back. It worked after the 2nd pack....something to consider but I think there may be other methods hunni.

good luck.

lol thanks girls i was just wondering thats all- it just popped into my head, everything has been regular the last few months but i am havin a blood test on thurs anyway just to see :)

bumpy- yeah i have had periods, they was regular up until now, i was just worried that the depo might make it not show up on tests or something. i havent had an injection since last year although i was suprised everything went back to normal quicker than i thought considering the time i was on depo. i guess im just worryin as to why everything has been regular and i missed my period but negative hpt? but im pretty sure it took my mum a while to find out she was pregnant and my auntie so maybe it runs in the family??

Sorry I thought you had just come off it. Well family history may well explain it. Good luck XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->