Can diazepam/valium really boost HCG levels?

The_Berry

Reaction score
I've read in a couple of sources that diazepam/valium can temporarily boost HCG levels. Does anybody know if this is actually the case?

I ask because I'm tracking my HCG down following a miscarriage and I have been taking diazepam on and off because I've been so anxious about it. My levels were at 8 last week. If diazepam can affect HCG, does anybody know by how much? And how quickly it'd have an effect on the levels, and how long for?

I haven't taken much diazepam recently. 2mg yesterday, and 2mg a few days ago. My next blood test is on Monday.

Thanks all,

Jenny.

Whilst there is debate about this, I don't believe it does. I have read a couple of things saying it can, but there isn't any proof as far as I can gather. I take the same 2mg diazepam - 1.5 pill twice daily routinely at the moment and I can safely say the only time I have a positive pregnancy test has been when I have been pregnant. It's just unfortunate we have had a number of chemicals. It was this reason that got me looking into it myself, wondering if my tests for the previous six cycles could have been due to diazepam, but I take the same amount and sometimes more if my anxiety is worse, all the time, and no other time do I see a positive test. I am currently 5-6dpo and tested yesterday and today all three ICs blank and they are 10mIU.
Also it's worth noting on drugs.com I think out of thousands of people only two have thought their hCG levels were increased by their diazepam use, but I can't find any official medical literature saying it does so I suspect it was coincidental

Whilst there is debate about this, I don't believe it does. I have read a couple of things saying it can, but there isn't any proof as far as I can gather. I take the same 2mg diazepam - 1.5 pill twice daily routinely at the moment and I can safely say the only time I have a positive pregnancy test has been when I have been pregnant. It's just unfortunate we have had a number of chemicals. It was this reason that got me looking into it myself, wondering if my tests for the previous six cycles could have been due to diazepam, but I take the same amount and sometimes more if my anxiety is worse, all the time, and no other time do I see a positive test. I am currently 5-6dpo and tested yesterday and today all three ICs blank and they are 10mIU.
Also it's worth noting on drugs.com I think out of thousands of people only two have thought their hCG levels were increased by their diazepam use, but I can't find any official medical literature saying it does so I suspect it was coincidental

Really appreciate your response. Thank you. Hopefully you're right, but I'm trying to keep off the diazepam anyway just in case. Even if it boosted my HCG by 1 point, that would mess me up psychologically when I get my next blood results. My anxiety is just awful at the moment.

I think even if you took them, your bloods won't reflect this. Presumably you started bloods whilst taking it, so any further blood work done would show the numbers going down, whether or not you take diazepam. I think though, maybe ask your doctor. They will know definitively, which will no doubt be a relief to you to know for certain, but I honestly don't think it will have any impact.
You may be hindering your ability to manage your anxiety by not taking them if they're your only help, given what you're going through. Give your doctor a quick call and ask, them you will know and can make an informed decision. It's awful feeling so anxious, don't force yourself to put up with it at a time like this if you don't have to :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->