Can Evening primrose oil delay your periods / cause longer cycles?

TattooMummy

Expecting Twin B+G
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been reading lots of posts on the forum, and seraching the internet for information - but I can't seem to find a definite answer?

I have been TTC since Sept 2011, and 3 months ago started taking EPO. I take 2000mg once a day from day 1 to day 10 (I usually ovulate earlish around day 12/13 and wanted to stop before then because I heard it can delay ovulation).
I didnt notice much change in EWCM the first two cycles, so I took 2500mg from day 1 to day 8 on the third cylce this month and definitely noticed it this month:winkwink:

I'm pretty sure I ovulated late this month though, but still BD just in case:winkwink:

The thing is I'm now 4 days post AF due date, but don't really have any symptoms.:wacko:

I'm just wandering if anyone else has ever found that taking EPO causes them to have delayed periods / longer cycles?

:test::test::test:
lol
Having no symptoms is quite a common symptom of pregnancy (if you get what i'm saying)

Ive been taking EPo and starflower oil since feb even though I'm AC/vitex as well. My cycles are getting shorter not longer.

Fx'ed for you. test and let us know if you get your :bfp:

Aww thanks :)

I just thought if I was pregnant I'd have really tender breasts and feel differently somehow. I thought I'd wait till I'm a week post AF (this Friday) and then I'll test... So excited as hoping it will be BFP :happydance:.....but so worried&nervous as dont want it to be a BFN :cry:

As I've heard EPO delays ovulation, and I thought it might also delay AF?
It'sinteresting that its actually made your cycles shorter - my first two cycles of taking EPO I had no change at all in my cycle (no EWCM and timings the same as usual) and just wandered if now the EPO is working (got lots of EWCM) that it's actually caused the whole cycle to delay? and if anyone else had had this too?

I will keep you posted :winkwink:
Babydust to you hunny ;)))))

Fertil is right. Test now! Sometimes, the biggest sign of being pregnant is NO SYMPTOMS! I took EPO for CM a few months ago and did not have a delayed cycle.

I'm soo happy to say that I did the test on Friday morning and got a BFP!!! :happydance:
I've been to the Dr's too and they confirmed it too:thumbup:

I guess I was wanting it so much that I was nervous to think it was for real! Just goes to show that when you do get BFP, you might not have any symptoms leading up to it, although I am definietly having much more tender and swollen boobs in just the last few days heehee

I think the EPO definitely helped, just took a few monthsto get going LOL and the other thing I think might've helped was some advice I saw on TTC - to really try and make sure I laugh everyday - by reading a funny book, watching a comedy or just chatting to a friend - definetly helped me to feel more positive and not so focused on the situation :winkwink:

Babydust to all of you too :hugs:

That's wonderful news! Congrats! How far along are you?

I'm soo happy to say that I did the test on Friday morning and got a BFP!!! :happydance:
I've been to the Dr's too and they confirmed it too:thumbup:

I guess I was wanting it so much that I was nervous to think it was for real! Just goes to show that when you do get BFP, you might not have any symptoms leading up to it, although I am definietly having much more tender and swollen boobs in just the last few days heehee

I think the EPO definitely helped, just took a few monthsto get going LOL and the other thing I think might've helped was some advice I saw on TTC - to really try and make sure I laugh everyday - by reading a funny book, watching a comedy or just chatting to a friend - definetly helped me to feel more positive and not so focused on the situation :winkwink:

Babydust to all of you too :hugs:

You see!!! I told you

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Congratulations hun! so excited for you.:yipee::yipee:
Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months
x

I was about to post that EPO did not delay my cycles, but then I saw the BFP announcement! Congratulations!!!!! So, I guess it can delay your cycles for 9 whole months, lol.

I really think EPO has helped me with increasing my CM. One unexpected side effect I got was that it totally cleared up my acne!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->