Can I ask all of you a question?

Liz5178

Reaction score
I feel really silly asking this but I always hear ladies say that they have "sore boobs" as a symptom and I get discouraged every month because I never seem to have them....but I have never had sore boobs in my life, I dont' even think I know what you mean by "sore", are they just sore to touch, are they sore even if you aren't touching them? what does it feel like? I'm sorry, I know this is a silly question but I really have no clue what to expect....

I don't think this is a silly question because I often wonder the same thing. I've been pregnant twice before (miscarriages), and I never had "sore boobs:" I had extremely sensitive nipples that I couldn't stand touching (even the water in the shower bugged me).

I think everyone is different, so it's best not to get to caught up in other people's symptoms :) (at least, that's what I tell myself).

Last month I had sore boobs for a wk up to my af. Like sore to touch sore when running etc. Not just pain sitting there but more with touch, bouncing, etc. This month af is due mon and boobs are not sore (maybe slightly) so I am hoping this is a sign!

when i was pregnant in december (ended in mc) the main symptom i had was sore boobs. mine are very small so the very first thing i noticed was that they felt bigger and heavier. they were very painful to touch (like on the sides and all around) and my nipples were extremely sensitive. sometimes they felt sore even if did not touch them, just the extra weight made them feel different. i even had to change my sleeping position!

when I was pregnant back in 2009- they hurt so much especially getting outta bed--- I had hold them and this last O- a few days up to it.. they were sore without even touching them.. just that throbbing pain.... :)

but no question is EVER silly.. :) Good Luck

I've never been pregnant but when i 'thought' i had symptoms i did have sore boobs, then again i always do on the lead up to af. The closest way of describing this soreness is they feel like they are bruised,,,not sure this will help you but that's what i mean when i say sore boobs :)

I've wondered the same thing forever. My boobs don't get sore, but my nipples get to the point that if they even brush my shirt or bra I tear up from the pain.

My boobs generally get a bit sore and swollen when I'm getting AF, when I've been pg in past, twice I had really sore nipples, like someone was rubbing them with sandpaper (sorry tmi) was awful.
I've also had like shooting pains in them and more a feeling of heaviness and tender especially on the sides and underneath, hope this helps :)

I have never suffered with sore boobs either before af and even with my pregnancy i never had suffered it once or after when my milk filled up.

When I was pregnant with my daughter my nipples were so absolutely sore that anything touching them absolutely killed. I was afraid to take a pregnancy test until someone told me that that was a sign of being pregnant so I took one and the BFP showed up right away.

thank you ladies, this is helpful....I guess I shoudl consider myself lucky that I don't know what they feel like :)

lol it's definitely worth it to feel it though, unless you're one of the lucky few that doesn't get it when they get pregnant lol

For me it was like they were freezing cold and rock hard lol - they weren't, that was just the sensation i got, i felt like i needed to warm them up to stop it but it didnt work.
I got it about 6 weeks pregnant and just get it on and off now.

Its a hard one to discribe but you will know when you get it.

My nipples are always painful from the day after ovulation. Hurts to touch them, like sore/shooty pains going through my nipples, sometimes right into my boobs. Can't wear a hard bra when they get really bad and hurts to pull my top on sometimes. don't seem as painful this month though. I don't get pains anywhere else in my boobs like some people seem to. Sometimes they feel almost bruised on the bone when I press but i'm not sure that's a hormonal thing!

mrspjlover - did it only start in the 6th week for you? or did you have them early on, before you knew you were pregnant?

You will know, lol! I never get PMS so also had not experienced it, but it's like they are bruised. If you apply any pressure they are sore and you will feel it when rolling over in bed or giving someone a hug. It was my major clue during the 2 WW as they started around 7 DPO.

Like the other ladies said, it's not a silly question. Well whatever sorness I have felt was :sore as in doing a workout and feeling the effects a few days later. Like you could rub some muscle rub type sore. sometimes they hurt only to touch and sometimes they just hurt all day without touching. Non sore boobs at first do not mean you aren't preggers, everyone has that problem at different times if they even have it at all. With my daughter I felt it weeks after I found out I was pregnant and pain shot through my nipples like electricity. With my youngest I didn't even have soreness that I can even recall. Baby dust to all of us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->