Can I avoid it?

proudparent88

Reaction score
For my first baby I wanted my little boy and was blessed to get what I wanted. My second I wanted a little girl and got a boy and went through a bout of depression after being convinced that I was having a girl and found out it was a boy. Is there a way for me to avoid disappointment this time around? I still have my heart set on a girl and I honestly think that it is a girl. I just really don't want to go through all that disappointment again if I don't have to. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but I can't help it and honestly think it's just part of being pregnant. I just really don't want to have the pain of being disappointed again. I cried for weeks after being disappointed and I don't wanna go through that again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can avoid this?

Maybe convincing yourself its a boy will help, so you'll be surprised if its a girl, and still okay emotionally if you have another blue bundle.

I thought of that too and I can picture a boy but it's just I guess I am so heart set on a girl because I have two boys. I know either way I will be happy it's just hard to change the way think and to kind of manipulate myself in a sense I guess.

I keep telling myself this baby is a boy to try and prepare myself and have even nicknamed him Freddy (the fetus). I'm not sure it's working though. I still have my heart set on a girl. I think I'm over the depression/upset of having a boy (if it is), but I would still rather a girl and am desperate to find out either way so I can stop tormenting myself.
Is this your last planned child? Are you able to book an early gender scan (don't know how many weeks you are)?

I keep telling myself this baby is a boy to try and prepare myself and have even nicknamed him Freddy (the fetus). I'm not sure it's working though. I still have my heart set on a girl. I think I'm over the depression/upset of having a boy (if it is), but I would still rather a girl and am desperate to find out either way so I can stop tormenting myself.
Is this your last planned child? Are you able to book an early gender scan (don't know how many weeks you are)?

No I got pregnant using birth control! We weren't planning on having anymore and it just happened we are getting a new addition! I am 18 weeks 1 day today and they refuse to set me up for an ultrasound until my 19-20 mark which I know is only a little bit away but I am having a very hard time waiting because I haven't had any ultrasounds yet! I go in Monday for a routine appointment and they will set up the date of the ultrasound then. Hoping it's like the end of next week or the week after I am so tired of waiting and just anxious!

Hi I'm the same, part of me really doesn't mind. Girl would be different and I have no idea what to do with one, but after three boys I'd love them to say girl.

I'm convincing myself it's a boy. But my bloody scan is still two weeks away and I'm getting really upset because I need to know. Everyone saying girl and I want to scram at them, one because how dare someone else be disappointed in my baby and two it makes it harder for me.

I think what ever happens when I know I'll be fine, but this waiting is horrible. I'm hating second trimester with everyone announcing at 16 weeks and me nearly 20 and still waiting.

Hugs Hun, I really get it and my inky advise is pay for a scan now, the sooner you know the sooner you can deal, the waiting makes it worse. I tried to book one day but the earliest here was 8th which is when my scan is anyway.

I convinced myself this baby was a girl. Boy #3 for me and I think that's made is SO much harder.
I feel AWFUL for the way I felt once they told me another boy. I've just started to feel excited about our new boy. I'm very happy we are having another boy, it's just it was the last chance for a daughter and I was very upset about the fact that I'd never be a mum to a girl, not that baby is a boy.
It's tough when you've thought forever you'd have sons and daughters then it doesn't happen.
Every single person guessed I was having a girl too so that made it really hard. The only person other then myself or my hubby that showed any disappointed was my brother. This will be his 4th nephew with only 1 niece.
Anyway you do get over it and feel excited about welcoming another boy, it's just that looming feeling that you aren't having a girl that's tough to deal with.

I convinced myself this baby was a girl. Boy #3 for me and I think that's made is SO much harder.
I feel AWFUL for the way I felt once they told me another boy. I've just started to feel excited about our new boy. I'm very happy we are having another boy, it's just it was the last chance for a daughter and I was very upset about the fact that I'd never be a mum to a girl, not that baby is a boy.
It's tough when you've thought forever you'd have sons and daughters then it doesn't happen.
Every single person guessed I was having a girl too so that made it really hard. The only person other then myself or my hubby that showed any disappointed was my brother. This will be his 4th nephew with only 1 niece.
Anyway you do get over it and feel excited about welcoming another boy, it's just that looming feeling that you aren't having a girl that's tough to deal with.

Yeah that's how I feel, I'm happy if it's a boy, but I means I'll probably need have have a daughter, which isn't the end of the world but still would and Ben nice. Plus I'm done after this, although hubby informs me we can have up to 6!!!!! (I've told him he can stay home and I'll work then) but even if I carried in having babies,matter 4 boys I don't think the chance of girl is high. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->