can I clean up cat sick?

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
I know not to scoop or change the cat litter tray so to avoid toxoplasmosis however my little cat was sick last night and although my OH was there to clean it up it got me thinking should i clean it up, can i catch toxoplasmosis from sick? and what do you do guys do if it happens and there is noone else around to clean it up?

thanks!

I hope so, I've cleaned it up a couple of times since being pregnant when our little guy wasn't feeling well. I think as long as you wash up really well afterwards it should be okay?

as long as you wash your hands thoroughly your fine - i still clean out the litter tray as i cant stand the smell lol x

I hope so, I've cleaned it up a couple of times since being pregnant when our little guy wasn't feeling well. I think as long as you wash up really well afterwards it should be okay?

Correct! :)

I would hope so! I've got a cat who enjoys throwing up for the sake of it (nothing medically wrong, not stressed, just does it for the attention!) and OH wont touch it so I'm the one left scrubbing the carpet!

haha i told my OH its for the sake of our little girl, how can he refuse! my cat is a bit of a guzzler and throws up if he has eaten too quickly or too much. he sits by his bowl 2 mins later wanted food purring away. thanks ladies though i may keep this to myself as its been quite pleasant having someone else clean the box and sick for the last six months! hehe

I clean up after the cat if he's been sick...I just make sure to wash my hands very well afterwards....occasionally I clean the litter tray but I make sure to wear rubber gloves and wash my hands as well :)

haha i told my OH its for the sake of our little girl, how can he refuse! my cat is a bit of a guzzler and throws up if he has eaten too quickly or too much. he sits by his bowl 2 mins later wanted food purring away. thanks ladies though i may keep this to myself as its been quite pleasant having someone else clean the box and sick for the last six months! hehe

Oh yeah my OH is under the impression I cant even use gloves for a litter tray (hee hee! :haha::blush:)

This thought has never crossed my mind! I have always cleaned up after my cats when they have been sick and on occasion do their litter trays. Hubby does trays normally but we have 7 cats and you can imagine how nasty it can get sometimes and I refuse to sit with the smell whilst he is at work :wacko: x

Too right. My view is i will have both cat and baby sick and poo to clean up every day in few months so this is the least he can do. He does wretch every time he does though bless.

Toxoplasmosis only passes through faeces, not vomit, so you'll be fine!x

I clean up cat sick, dog sick, the cat litter tray, poop scoop from the dog - if I didn't do it then no one else would.

As my o/h puts it 'I don't so sick or poo'. I just make sure I wash my hands afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->