Can I crash here?

missbabypo

Mummy to Riley and Bump!
Reaction score
Hi :)

My name is Amy and I have two little boys called Riley and Louie.

I know I'm not pregnant and I'm 22 now but I had Riley a month before my 20th birthday.

I was wondering if you would mind me crashing here for a while as I was a teen mummy (only just I know) and still being young I sometimes feel a bit like a fish out of water in the baby club and find I can relate more to posts in this forum.

Will you guys have me for a while?

Hey Amy! I'm Skye! I'm 17 and 23 weeks pregnant with my first, a little boy! We don't mind mommys coming in for advice etc! There's also a teen parenting forum on here that a lot of the previous pregnant mommys are on! :hugs: welcome to bnb!!

Hi, don't think anyone would have a problem with you crashing here :) The advice from teen mummies is always v. useful. Why don't you try teen parenting as well? You'll probably be able to relate better to posts in there than baby club.

My name's Emily. I'll be 17 in three days and am 31 weeks pregnant with a little boy. Your kids are gorgeous by the way!

Hi Skye and Emily!

Nice to see both of you are team blue, any names yet?

Thanks Emily, they both look like there dad so depending on my mood it could be a good or bad thing lol.

I only use BnB on my phone so didn't realise there was a teen parenting bit too.
I will have to have a bit more of a browse. Never know I might be of some help in here too :) I've had a section and a vaginal birth so anything you wanna know just ask :)

Hi Skye and Emily!

Thanks Emily, they both look like there dad so depending on my mood it could be a good or bad thing lol.

I only use BnB on my phone so didn't realise there was a teen parenting bit too.
I will have to have a bit more of a browse. Never know I might be of some help in here too :) I've had a section and a vaginal birth so anything you wanna know just ask :)

Yesss my little mans name is going to be Azaria Noah Oludel <3
:thumbup: Seems like you can be a big help for a lot of us!! Im sure I'll have lots of questions eventually!

Hi Skye and Emily!

Loads of the mums from teen parenting come on here anyway :) There's a big crossover. We're calling our LO Ethan- it was the only name we could agree on :haha:

How did you cope with your vaginal birth by the way? I don't really know how to prepare myself mentally because I don't know what it's going to be like. I'm just expecting a hell of a lot of pain.

Hello and you are more than welcome! :flower: I'm Chrissy, 16, and I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow with my first, a boy named Jace. How where the recoveries from a c-section and a vaginal birth different?

The names are all beautiful ladies :)

Emily to be honest I'm good with the pain of labour until my waters break and then I 'NEED' gas and air. I went into labour with both of my boys and pused with them both too. With Riley I pushed for an hour with only gas and air and then was told I needed an epidural because he was stressed. I totally managed the pain before the epidural and I wouldn't have dreamed of asking for one. That all eneded in an emergency c-section though so I suppose that wasn't the greatest out come lol. With Louie everything happened so quickly. I was told during my pregnancy I needed an epidural as soon as I was admitted so they sited it but it didn't work because I went from 4cm to 10cm in an hour so as soon as it was in I was ready to push. The pain was like nothing I have ever felt before, honestly was like I was constipated and someone had shoved a hand up my bum. I would say don't be put off of asking for drugs. Lots of people are so keen to do it drug free and make others feel bad for wanting an epi but the risks are tiny. So basically its painful but you really do forget the worst of it after.

Chrissy they were both so different. After a section you have a catheter, a drip in your hand, can't move your legs for a few hours and are unable to stand up straight for the first few days. When you leave hospital you are told not to do anything for 2 weeks and packed off with so many drugs and injections that you look like a smack addict. The rush of emotions don't kick in straight away and I found it quite hard to bond with Riley as a result. The best way to recover from a section is to try and keep moving even when it does hurt as longer doing nothing means more pain when you do.
My vaginal birth has been easier to recover from I suppose but its still hurts a little to pee even though I didn't have stitches, pooing is taking a while to get used to again and because I'm not in pain like last time I have over done it and was out shopping the day after I came out of hospital.....oops xx

Hi Amy! Your boys are so gorgeous!
There are a few teen/twenteen mummys that post on here. And we all appreciate their input and advice!
I'm Sarah, im 18, and im 19+2 pregnant with fraternal boy/girl twins! :)

Wow sarah twins! What a handful!
Double the love :)

X

Wow sarah twins! What a handful!
Double the love :)

X

I know, but im ready and determined to take it on.
In fact, some people say two are easier than one :shrug: i cant see why :haha: but i keep telling myself that x

I suppose its easier to get routines sorted etc.
Having two different ages is a nightmare. Riley is up from 6am til 7pm with no naps and Louie is up from 5pm til 11pm with no nap so bedtime atm is a bit hard with Riley as we just have to let Louie cry it out for a bit.xx

Welcome to our little corner of BnB! :D
I'm Kelly, 20 & I'm 37+3 weeks pregnant with a little girl! :cloud9: I'm not exaclty a teen anymore, but when I found out I was pregnant I was 19... and this has just been home ever since! The ladies never seem to mind me hanging around, though... So I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms, as well. :thumup:
Congrats on your two little ones! Hope to see you around :flow:

Chrissy they were both so different. After a section you have a catheter, a drip in your hand, can't move your legs for a few hours and are unable to stand up straight for the first few days. When you leave hospital you are told not to do anything for 2 weeks and packed off with so many drugs and injections that you look like a smack addict. The rush of emotions don't kick in straight away and I found it quite hard to bond with Riley as a result. The best way to recover from a section is to try and keep moving even when it does hurt as longer doing nothing means more pain when you do.
My vaginal birth has been easier to recover from I suppose but its still hurts a little to pee even though I didn't have stitches, pooing is taking a while to get used to again and because I'm not in pain like last time I have over done it and was out shopping the day after I came out of hospital.....oops xx

A c sections sounds so much worse :( I'm terrified of them. If I have to have one how would I get through it? I mean if I have to have one I know it's for my baby, but how do you mentally get through the pain afterwords? :wacko:

A c sections sounds so much worse :( I'm terrified of them. If I have to have one how would I get through it? I mean if I have to have one I know it's for my baby, but how do you mentally get through the pain afterwords? :wacko:

^WSS.

I'm really not liking the idea of having to possibly have a c-section. I mean, I know that the entire time I would be thinking about my LO, but I would much rather just have a vaginal delivery. There's something about the idea of having surgery whilst I'm awake that terrifies me! I've been put under for surgery before, and that was fine... but being awake & feeling the pressure scares me! Although, I guess everyone is pretty scared of it until they've had to go through it. That whole, 'you never know how strong you are, until you have to' bit, I guess! :thumbup:

Hi :flower: welcome.

I'm Skye, the second Skye (lol), I'm 26 weeks preg with a little girl :pink:

You would toatlly get through it. Yes its bloody painful but looking at that little face (and all the drugs they send you home with) gets you through it. OH buggered off when I was pregnant and I was living with my mum but I didn't want her to do too much for me so I pushed myself through the pain to do as much as I could which I found helped. As for being awake just remember it means you can hold your little bundle as soon as they are born :)

I'm loving all the Skye's on here. Its such a lovely name but I don't think I've met a Skye before and now I've met two :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->