Can I feed on my wedding day ?

leigh5tom

Mum to two :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

My little man is almost 14 weeks old. I always said to myself I would never feed past 3months, but that's been and gone and I'm now wondering what to do on my wedding day. We get married in 6 weeks, and I don't know how best to go about feeding him. My dress is obviously very fitted and boned.
I don't think it's really possible to sneak off every couple of hours, undo my dress and feed is it?
Any ideas would be much appreciated ! Xxx

If he'll take a bottle I'd suggest pumping and feeding him that way so you can enjoy your day more! Best wishes!

Where is your wedding and does it have proper facilities for bfing?

I fed DS on my wedding day. But we did a surprise wedding at home so I got to feed him in his own room. I just grabbed my mum to help me in and out of my dress and popped off to do that when he needed it. So it can be done.

Otherwise expressing is a great idea then u can have some drinks if u want!:happydance:

I don't have any experience with this, but I would be inclined to try and feed maybe a couple times alternating with bottles so you don't get too engorged and risk mastitis (some women never get it, but if I even wear a wire bra that digs in a little I start getting a sore spot :()

Good luck on your special day!!

Thanks everyone! He doesn't take a bottle well at all unfortunately :-( I think maybe if I persevere from now up until the wedding to try and get him used to it. And alternating between boob and bottle on the day is a good idea. I am quite prone to mastitis and blocked ducts too unfortunately ;-(

I think I'm more worried about how I'm going to breastfeed him on the day than actually getting married haha xx

You'll certainly want to be removing milk from your breasts at some points during the day - leaky milk spots won't look good on a bodice! And engorgement is no fun at the best of times, let alone your wedding day! I'd personally just ask for help and go and feed him somewhere, or even see whether it's possible to get a shawl of something and walk around with him latched on so I didn't have to hide away.

It will be fine, but you will certainly need to either pump or nurse during the day. I always figured I may as well put the milk straight into the baby rather than into a bottle and then into the baby! Congratulations on your wedding - hope you have a lovely day :)

Surely you'd have to be expressing the missed feeds anyway so i'd probably just feed him. My experience of little ones on their parents wedding day is generally that they're overwhelmed because they get a lot of attention, don't spend as much time with mum and dad, lots going on etc so it'll probably be nice for him to snuggle quietly with ypu and have some milk anyway!

I think I'll have to just go off every now and then to feed. Not much else I can do really! I would of had to express anyway, like you say :) I think you're right, it will be nice to have 20 minutes away here and there for a little cuddle anyway :) xxx

Take your new hubby with you too - you'd be surprised how easy it is to spend very little time together on your wedding day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->