Can I get a little sympathy please?

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
Today I went to the dentist because my filling started crumbling a few weeks ago, I was sooo scared as I had a horrible dentist- he used to shout at me, he made me bleed by cutting my tongue/cheek a couple of times and he broke a tooth during one removal, leaving part of the root in which I had to have removed under GA. The last time I saw him he put this filling in, he drilled for 20 minutes on an exposed nerve and said I couldn't have the numbing injection as it would take too long- oh man it hurt! He chipped another tooth in the process but I couldn't face going back. He got struck off (not because of me, I got off lightly compared to other people!)
So now (about 3 years later) I go to the dentist. She was super nice but I have to have 4 fillings- repair to the crumbled one, 2 to teeth next to my wisdom teeth where the teeth coming through have caused damage and the one he chipped. I will be given the numbing injections this time which I'm glad about but also dreading as I had them once before and they hurt! No point to this but I could do with a little sympathy as I want to cry (big baby! :haha:) and someone to tell me that the numbing injections aren't so bad when done properly? Right??

Aw hun I totally sympathise - I had a dentist once who drilled my tooth without numbing it and when I was wincing in pain he just told me I was being a brave girl!

The numbing injections do smart a bit but once the anaesthetic kicks in you won't feel a thing, and if you can they will just give you a bit more x

Oh ouch, its no fun is it! Thanks, I figure a couple of minutes of pain for the injections is better than 30 minutes of drilling pain!

i havent been to dentist since 18 because my back teeth had fillings in that got infected and i lost them both
just went this month thankfully only need 2 fillings

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->