Can I give/ has anyone given......

Michy

Mum and Preggo
Reaction score
Weetabix

Ready Brek (or another normal porridge)

the small packets of cereal really don't last us very long!

Thanks!

I give Poppy Weetabix with cows milk and Ready Brek made with water, on alternate days. So yep, you can give both of those!

Fab! Was worried bout the salt intake. So glad to know I can give it, we go through the baby packets at the speed of light!!!!

i give katie weetabix and porridge! be warned tho, the weetabix gives her awful shits! porridge is so easy to make too, takes minutes on the hob xx

Think i'll start tomorrow by giving him a bit of weetabix mixed into his normal cereal get him used to it!!!

Thanx for this thread i was gonna do the exact same one! Baby cereal doesnt last 5 mins when Paddy has 4 tea spoons full every morning! x

Um I wouldn't give readybrek, I'm pretty sure there was a baby in the USA that died from salt overdose because his/her parents gave that instead of baby cereal (it was posted here before, I'll look for the post after). Old fashioned oats should be fine though!! They're good too because you can mix fruit with it to spice things up for them

there's a bit of a thing at the moment about weetabix too apparently, nurseries have stopped giving it in the mornings according to my HV. due to it being high in salt. she said its not that high tho, and just use common sense sort of thing. katie's a big eater and she doesnt even get thru a whole weetabix!!

we're having porridge and fruit this morning!

we use both but i make them with her formula, my HV said it would be fine as its much cheaper than baby cereals as long as baby is past 6 months

Lou
xxx

My HV said weetabix, ready brek and cornflakes are fine to use and told me to use full fat cows milk with them instead of formula x x

Okay well here is the article that I remember, but it was 10 years ago and the baby was only 3 months old. Pretty moronic if you ask me, feeding a 3 month old Ready Brek and gravy with mashed potatos. https://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,3887145,00.html

I still wouldn't do it but I'm sure as long as you aren't force feeding them high salt things (like ready brek and gravy!) then it'll be fine

:shock: thats like the woman who feeds her 8 month old triplets macdonalds and ready-meals to stop them getting anorexic!!

Seren has ready brek every morning either on its own or mixed in with fruit. Our HV advised us that Ready Brek/Weetabix etc is fine, and I read somewhere that Ready Brek has one of the lowest added salt and sugar than all other breakfast cereals that were tested

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->