Can I have some advice please?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to help my friend.

I am able to do readings for people, but really only when I am drawn to them for it, or in the right frame of mine, which I'm sure is quite normal.

My friend is going through a tough time at the moment, and is completely and utterly relying on me for readings every single night. She is basing her whole life around this and I feel it's getting too much, both for me, and also because I don't think it's particularly healthy for her.

It's like she is losing sight of everything in "normal" life (for want of a better word), and pinning all her hopes on me getting some good news for her etc.

It's getting emotionally exhausting for me as well. I'm a SAHM to a 3 year old and my days are so busy. I sit down eventually late in the evening and the minute I sit down she comes onto facebook chat and asks me how my vibes are tonight and can I get anything for her. I used to sometimes be able to relax and get something while I was in the bath but now it's just not happening and also being in the bath is the only 20 minutes or so of "me time" that I get in the day and i don't want to sound horrible but I'd really like to spend it unwinding or reading my book! I don't mind now and again getting a reading for her but she is expecting something every night and every single time I go in the bath. She is always asking "Have you been in the bath yet?" or next day she will ask "Did you not get anyone last night?"

It's just getting quite suffocating and I admit I sometimes hide on fb chat but she still sends messages and then I feel guilty. I want to be able to help her but I really don't think it's healthy for her to pin everything on me getting readings for her? I also feel like my ability to connect has disappeared at the moment which is strange as well.

Just really wanted to know what others think. Maybe a bit of a pointless post :( xxxx

That's a tough one. Sorry, I don't really have any advice but I didn't want to read and run! Xx

Personally I'd speak to her and in the nicest way possible tell her how exhausting it is for you to keep doing these readings and how it isn't particularly healthy for her to depend on them either.
It sounds to me that's the only way to 'calm her down'..
X

Thank you both :) I think over the last couple of days she's kind of realised because I explained to her that I can't always find the time or the energy to do it and that things don't always just come to me every time someone wants them to, so she has said she will stop asking and just let me see if I can get anything when the time is right. I felt pretty back because she's lovely, but apart from anything else, I just don't think it's healthy for her to be relying so much on this x

Ah a psychic addict.

People don't often realise how tiring and draining it is to do readings. It's like going for a 5 mile run.

Readings should really only be given once every 6-8 weeks so that spirit has a chance to have new information and so that people can engage in free will and decision making for themselves.

Yup it is very draining! You can give these people information and some don't follow the information and then they whine and cry as to why it didn't happen. I get frustrated cause I'm a strong empath too and it bugs the crap out of me. I had to tell someone nicely to back off recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->