Can I join you all?

Classic Girl

HPT House Mom!
Reaction score
Hi! I'm 42 with a 16 year old son and an 8 year old daughter. I thought (rather emphatically) that I was done, went on the IUD, got a divorce, met my wonderful husband, 33 and we were married 2 years later in Jamaica. I always knew he wanted his own and, although reluctantly, told him we'd talk about it.
In Dec we made the decision to remove the IUD during my pap. The results of the pap came back abnormal which led to the colposcopy. Those results said grade 2 and grade 3 cells on my cervix and I would need the LEEP procedure. Dr. wanted to go ahead and get me in because of "what we're trying to do" and my procedure was Feb. 5th. Results were fabulous, only grade 2 cells and everything's gone and I'm really glad I went when I did because I got my BFP on FRER and digi yesterday. (Did I mention I only have one ovary and one Fallopian tube?)

So I guess I am really going to do this again. :winkwink: I'm terrified but cautiously SO excited. I made DH promise to NOT tell anyone until things are safely viable and possibly not until we can (hopefully) have MaterniT21 or the harmony test done and results back for various reasons. I guess I needed SOMEONE to tell!

Congratulations on your little miracle!!! How great that you got your BFP so quickly. I just had a version of the MaterniT21 test done today. Now the stress of waiting for the results. Shouldn't be long now until you can do the test too, then get to relax a little. Wishing you a H&H 9 months

Thank you so much. So I bought 50 cheap test strips off eBay, got a super faint shadow on one which made me tear out and get a FRER and digi...both clear as a bell. That was 2 days ago and I keep testing with the stupid strips and get the same shadow of line. Nothing darker...this morning with FMU (yesterday did FMU with the other FRER and again...nice dark pink line) and with the strip I couldn't even see a line. Should I just toss those things? It stresses me out.

Good luck with your results, Megan! Please let me know!

I need to mention that my son has Aspergers and my daughter has been diagnosed with childhood bipolar/mood disorder and ADHD which is the main reason I want testing. I realize tests can't pick THOSE up but I have SO much on my plate already. I've spent many years fighting for my kids, in psych appointments, trying medicines, private schools etc and I'm......tired.

Yes, toss the cheapies! Some brands are terrible! It's not worth it if it's stressing you out.

I can totally appreciate the desire to have the test results given all you've gone through with your other children. I will keep sending you good thoughts that all turns out well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->