Can I join you guys here?

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I had a mmc back before my DD1. With both DD1 and DD2 I had frequent bleeding in 1st trimester. Even though I’ve had two healthy pregnancies since. The idea of trying for #3 and going though early bleeding again is already making me feel super nervous. Hope it’s okay to join you here

Hi and welcome, congrats on having your babies

We are done (I'm likely in menopause, DH just went through nearly a year of cancer treatments, and my odds of a successful pregnancy are less than 10% anyway) but I can offer some advice anyway. I have been pregnant several times (my signature gives the cliffnotes version) and I've been bleed in the first trimester of all but one of my pregnancies. I know how hard it is to have that happen and my bleeding issues increased with each pregnancy so my anxiety got even worse with it.

What helps/helped me the most was finding an understanding doctor who was willing to do anything I needed to ease my fears. When I was pregnant, I could go in for a viability scan as early as I wanted and I'd often see my doctor around 6.5-7 weeks (any earlier than that and I risked not seeing a heartbeat even if the pregnancy was okay). I'd go in every 7-10 days after that for a heartbeat check via ultrasound until I was around 15 weeks. My doctor also prescribed any medications (within reason of course) that I wanted. I had progesterone supplements on hand at home so I could start them as soon as I got a bfp and even if my levels were good, my doctor had me take the supplements because 1. I never managed to get out of the first trimester unless I was taking progesterone even if my levels were okay and 2. it was a HUGE relief to feel like I was doing *something* to help keep bubs snuggled in there. She also said she could prescribe an anxiety medication if I wanted but I have managed with talk therapy until now.

It's normal to be nervous about pregnancy when you've experienced things that aren't the norm and as someone who has bled frequently (and has had losses on top of that) it's very hard to trust that things are going okay when you see evidence that they may not be. You aren't alone in feeling this way. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->