can i still have a water birth?

sammi.bump

mummy to 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
i am on meds for mental illness, quite a high dose, i know im probably going to have to give birth in a hospital because of withdraws, but has any one still had a waterbirth int his kind of situation? xx

You'd have to ask your consultant that question really. A water birth is no more stressful or risky for the baby, so that shouldn't stop you, but they might want to have continuous monitoring during birth, which would mean no water. I really don't know and think no-one will be able to tell you without knowing all the details (ie what meds, what dose, how your pregnancy went so far) and a lot of medical experience. So don't speculate, just ask at your next appointment. I hope you do get your water birth but don't be discouraged if its a no-go. There are still plenty of options for an active, positive birth experience for you!

I do know of a mum who is having a vbac and has been asked to have continuous monitoring. She has areed bc they have equipment they can use while she is in the water. So if CFM is the issue, it's worth asking around about this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->