can i toughen my nipples?

jocie

Mumma of 4 crazy kiddos
Reaction score
silly sounding question! makes me giggle actually! :haha:
im only 12 weeks but im wondering if there is anything i can do to toughen up my nipples before the baby gets here?
i remember the pain being toe-curling with my son, and i dont know if this happens every time or how that works....
anybody know?
id like to avoid it if i can.....and if not ill still bf! :)

I think you'll find with subsequent children that it's a little easier. You kinda know that you're doing... even if LO doesn't. I wouldn't recommend doing anything in advance, as it can cause uterine contractions.:flower:

I would say just have the lanolin cream ready (but only apply immediately before latching - let them dry at other times). My sister in law who has 3 kids says the nipple soreness isn't quite as bad but the engorgement pain is about the same. My baby is only 3 months but already I am panicking about next time!! xxx

i spoke to my mum n mentioned waiting for my nipples to toughen n she laughed at me sayin she had images of me whipping my boobs hahaha

ive heard its still toe curling for eac child, i didnt bf my first for long so i cant say if its true or not.

like aboove says just get the lanolin cream at the ready.

okay, thats about what i thought. i already have the lanolin on hand, so i guess im as prepared as i can be. :)
i had a cracked nipple with my last LO and that was so painful! ouch!

i put lanolin on after every feed and i use lots on each boob and ive never had cracked nipples..thankfully

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->