Can I use my sons middle name?

MissMooMoo

Reaction score
Ok so with our son we both loved the name Jacob and for his middle name we used Harry as that was my grandads name and he was very ill with cancer during the pregnancy (luckily he got to meet him!)

So we are now expecting again and the only boy name we love is Harry, would it be weird to use it because it is Jacobs middle name? (no one ever calls him Jacob Harry)

Thanks xxx

It's a little weird, but I don't see it as a big deal. It's a super cute name. :)

Don't see it weird or a problem at all! go for it :)

pretty weird sorry

what about Henry... that nicknames to harry

or

Harrison
Harold
Harley

all can shorten to harry

is there another family member you would like to honer? sometimes mixing names works well

My LO's middle name is Lily, and I wish in a way we'd used something else as I'd love to use it if we ever had another daughter! I personally wouldn't use it, but it's your decision!

My husband's middle name is David and they had another boy, my bil. They named him David and I honestly don't think anyone has ever commented or thought it was wierd x

I like it! Don't think it's strange as not that many people that he meets will know his brothers middle name, plus nice connection for the 2 of them. We are thinking of using my stepdaughters middle name as our baby's middle name, if its a girl, thought it might help her to feel connected to the baby, she isn't thrilled about us having one!

I have some friends who have a Michael John and a Joesph Michael and their dad is also Michael. It doesn't seem strange to me.:thumbup:

I don't think its weird at all, I think its a lovely connection xx

You're such a killjoy.

Anyway, I think it would be cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g