Can implantation bleeding occur at or after AF due date?

keb0826

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new here. I stopped taking the pill about 4 months ago after using it for about 3 years. My husband and I plan to start really trying probably November of this year, but in the meantime, we have casually been using condoms for BC. By casually, I mean we always have sex up until we are close to the end, then hubby will put one on. However, on two occasions since my last period (started 8/21), we only used the pullout method and it seemed he was out with time to spare. My cycles have not gone back to normal since stopping the pill timing-wise, I've had a period every month since stopping, but they have ranged from 25-32 days. I have not attempted to track when I am ovulating, so I can't say for certain when I would have. Now to my actual question here: All last week, I had incredibly sore breasts, junk food cravings, etc...figured it was just the usual pre-period fun I usually have, but my breasts were more sore than usual. Because of that and the fact that I have been EXHAUSTED (like taking a nap almost every day), I actually tested on day 28 (3 days ago) in the middle of the afternoon and it was a negative. Figured AF was taking her time. Yesterday I noticed my breast tenderness has pretty much disappeared. This morning I went to the restroom and when I wiped, I had some watery brownish/pink on the tp. Figured period was starting, but I have NO cramping, which is not at all the norm for me. Normally on day one and two of period, I am nearly doubled over with cramping pain and it is bright red and heavy right off the bat. I keep going to the restroom to check my pantyliner and there is nothing there except for the few brown dots that appeared on it early this morning. Still a little brown/watery discharge when I wipe, but nothing else. I know it's hard to predict when I don't know when I would have actually ovulated, but does implantation bleeding start around the time your period would normally begin? We're not technically trying yet, but we know we are not being too careful about preventing either. I'm trying not to get too excited here, but we would both be thrilled if I was actually pregnant already. If this could be implantation, when should I test to try to guarantee an accurate result? Something just doesn't seem right...I am a heavy bleeder with a significant amount of pain during my periods and neither of those is happening right now with this brown spotting. Also, earlier in the month when I did have my egg white cervical mucus (assuming that was when I was ovulating), for the first time ever, I noticed a very small amount of brown blood streaked in it once or twice. I don't know if that means anything, but it was something out of the norm for me. Any answers or advice is welcomed, I'm a total newbie about this stuff! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->