Can my dog sleep in the garage?

Your lucky it even sleeps in its cage :lol:

My dog howled all night when put in the cage and has slept in the bed ever since.

Persoanlly i wouldnt, let her sleep in the house over winter and then start introducing the garage when it gets a bit warmer.

I wouldn't in the winter and if the dog isn't used to it may be cold. I wouldn't of thought it was too bad if it was the summer though. But i'm soft. I put the heater on for our dog in the kitchen. It does get cold in there to be fair. (Tiled floor and cat flap stays open coz the cats won't use it otherwise!)

I would if it has a heater in there but otherwise I'd wait til the summer to change his routine. You could get a cheap heater for in the garage?

I wouldn't. It would be too cold for our dog, he's a little yorkie cross and used to his home comforts.

We have Gucci a german Shepard and Harvey a shar pei. Gucci is 14 now and Harvey is 6 and they both sleep in the garage at night...well you have to go through our office to the garage so we usually keep the door open so they can sleep in the office if its too cold in the garage for them at this time of year.

Sometimes we let the dogs sleep in the house to mind the house whilst we are in bed but they are really house trained.

I don't think its a problem. They are usually in the garden (we have a very big garden) and only come in at night or if its cold outside or raining! I don't see the problem :thumbup:

Yup, no reason she can't sleep in the garage, nice warm bed and she'll be totally 100% fine
Ours sleeps in his crate in the garage - he has a jumper thing for when it's really cold in winter, and he naturally gets a really good coat.

It's not cruel, it's not weird and it's not unusual, I can't stand the dog sleeping in the house, it irritates the hell out of me :lol:

Yup, no reason she can't sleep in the garage, nice warm bed and she'll be totally 100% fine
Ours sleeps in his crate in the garage - he has a jumper thing for when it's really cold in winter, and he naturally gets a really good coat.

It's not cruel, it's not weird and it's not unusual, I can't stand the dog sleeping in the house, it irritates the hell out of me :lol:

My thaughts exactly! If we had a garage my dog would deffinatly sleep out there. Nothing wrong with it :)

I wouldn't start putting a dog in the garage at this time of the year as it is so cold, if it is what you really want to do then I think you should start it in the summer months so she gets use to the cold gently as winter approaches.

How long have you had the dog?

No my dog is a part of my family and stays in my house not out in the cold. She sleeps in livingroom or the hall and has her own chair to. I wouldnt like to think of shutting my dog out at night like that she, be cold and lonely .

Nothing wrong with the dog sleeping in the garage!

I'm sure lots of people do this and some are kept in kennels outside :shrug:

My granda keeps dogs and they are out in a shed type thing with warm bedding.

Nothing wrong with the dog sleeping in the garage!

I'm sure lots of people do this and some are kept in kennels outside :shrug:

My granda keeps dogs and they are out in a shed type thing with warm bedding.

My Fiance's grandad does this and its in Ireland....Imagine how cold it is there brrrrr :haha: aslong as they have a warm bed I don't see the problem tbh :shrug:

It does sound like shed be warm but maybe try introducing it to her slowly?

I'm from where you are and right now we are getting temps of u p to 5 degrees C.

So it's cold but not overly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->