Can not settle

Cassiewuk

Reaction score
Hi

Not sure whether asking too much at such an early stage but Emily is two weeks old and seems to hate sleeping in the moses basket. She ends up in bed with us which is ok but i dont want to get in a habit. Also I am breast feeding and I feed her and then 1hr later she wants more...there is no routine to want she wants. She is putting on weight so I think she is being breast fed ok. The midwife has suggested its a comfort thing and to try a dummy but I am not sure

Am I being a bit hopeful wanting a routine etc....

Hi,i had a problem with gettin connah to sleep in the moses basket and after a week of him being very unsettled i figured out it was because he was kicking and hitting the sides of it in his sleep and waking himself up.
We ended up putting him in his cot and he sleeps really well now.

Also,as for your LO wanting to feed every hour or so...it could be a growth spurt maybe
Connah had one around that age.

hope this helps xx

You could try swaddling her if you haven't already? I've never done it but lots of people on here have said it helps. And do try a dummy! The feeding every hour I think is normal for a 2 week old BF baby, I think supply is still being established at this point and it will get easier...
You're not too hopeful wanting a routine though, you can start one from birth but might be hard until BF is fully established. I think this can take up to 6 weeks?

At 2 weeks she is still finding a BF is still being established... having her sleep with you might help you get a little more sleep, as you can nurse lying down and doze. If you are comfortable with it.

Give her time and she will find her own routine. My LO used to nurse for comfort in the evenings and at around 4 weeks i gave in and gave hm a dummy and now if he only wants comfort he is happy to suck away on that and not on me!

Try swaddling hun if you havent and also babys dont really get into habits untill they reach around 3 months. And if you are happy to give LO a dummy go ahead. My lo took a dummy for a few weeks after he isnt intrested in it now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->