can opk's show ov has happened but an egg is not released?....

samk70

Reaction score
....I've read that this is common and even if there's a hormone surge an egg isn't necessarily released. Anyone experienced this? X

Yes. I got positive OPKs all the time after stopping birth control. I NEVER ovulated and had a 120+ day cycle and ended up needing provera and clomid. So it is very possible. The only way to really confirm ovulation FOR SURE is a blood test, to get a bfp, or get af.

I liked to pay attention to my signs after ovulation and when my nipples started hurting, I knew for sure ovulation had occurred.

I hope I answered your question. Good luck!

It can happen when your body is trying to ovulate so the surge happens but for some reason the egg doesn't release, sometimes if that happens you will have another surge where your body tries again. I don't think its necessarily a common thing though. I didn't ovulate for two months after a miscarriage but I knew that because I didn't get a positive opk. But if you do bbting you will know for sure if you ovulated.

Thanks ladies. I'm only concerned due to my age. I'm 42 so a tad worried my eggs May not be what they used to! Do you know where I can get a bbt sheet from pls? Also will the gp generally do the blood test if I just go and ask? Thanks for any responses, I appreciate it x :)

You should just be able to google one and print it off.. or use the website fertilityfriend.com which is free for charting.

I think your gp should be able to run some tests but they may refer you elsewhere for further testing. I had to go to my gyno but I am only 20 and he helped me right away. Doesn't hurt to ask! And if they say no, find someone who will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->