Can people try and be a bit more sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambeano

Reaction score
I am probabily going to get burned for saying this and THIS IS NOT A BF VS FF DEBATE...I know both sides of the arguement and I am getting bored of it. I cannot stress that any more.

I know it goes both ways that it is not right to slate breastfeeding but there seems to be alot of pro-breastfeeding comments being made in this section and putting down formula feeding - things being said like formula fed babies will have allergies, be obese etc which I may just only be speaking for myself but I think its really insensitive to make these remarks to people who could be already suffering enough with the guilt without you making them feel worse.

People come online for support and the forum does have a seperate section so formula feeding mummies can support each other. Now I am not saying BFers shouldnt be allowed to post in this section because that would be wrong but there are people posting things that really shouldnt be said in this section.

Life kicks you in the teeth enough without us all getting at each other and being nasty. So I guess what I am asking for is for people to show some sensitivity and just think about how you would like it if you were in someone elses shoes. And if you cant stop yourself from posting the benefits of breastfeeding then I respectfully ask you to keep it in the breastfeeding section and not stick the boot in here. You wouldnt go up to a family in McDonalds and tell the parents their children could get fat from eating that food, tell a smoker they could get cancer or tell someone who has too much to drink that their liver could fail so please stop telling me I am setting my child up for a lifetime of illnesses.

Unfortunately it seems that BF is the majority on the forum, and people will always come in and make the same comments, a million times over.

When there are threads titled "The breastfeeding vs. formula feeding debate really is a crock of s-you know what!" and "Why are people so anti FF..rant", people are going to say their piece. It's gonna happen, no matter where on bnb they are posted. :shrug:

Since another thread was closed earlier today (and it's been mentioned here) I am closing this thread. The intent of each feeding section is support and advice, and whether intended or not, things like this can contribute to bad feelings on either side. Formula-feeding mothers and breastfeeding mums are both equally welcome to use the report post button if you feel that a post is not right/wrong section etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"