Can sex really bring on labor (when you're ready)

mummof1

Reaction score
I'm talking about when baby is fully cooked lol... I'm almost 37 weeks and last night hubby and I DTD (we haven't in about two months) and I went to bed afterwards but I was kept up ALL night with cramps and bad Braxton hicks contractions. They are still coming this morning ! I don't think it's the real deal because I did have a break of a couple of hours without any at all.
But I'm just thinking maybe we will keep DTD every few days since baby can pretty much come any time now ... Will it really help bring on labor?

I DTD every time right before both mine were born.
My doctor also advised to be careful in later pregnancy about DTD since I've had 2 early babies.
Spermies have a compound in them that causes the uterus to contract.
The reason for this is that when TTC, it helps the uterus push the spermies up further to the egg.
The same compound does the same trick even when you're already pregnant. If baby is in the right position, it definitely could cause labor.
I would just keep an eye on things and seriously, go in if you need to.
It could have just stirred up some Braxton hicks too.
Good luck, momma!
P.s. just in case, my daughter was born at 37 weeks and was perfect and healthy and beautiful :)

Thank you!!!
I meant to post in third tri, sorry for that !
But you ladies are just as informed anyway :)
I've still have off and on Braxton hicks and I just went to the bathroom and there was a big thick chunk of dark yellowy/brown discharge .. I wonder if I'm starting to lose my plug

It did for me! Went to my 39 week appointment and the midwife said nothing interesting was going on down there, and suggested the hubby and I get busy. The day before I went into labor I did 40 minutes of nipple stimulation then jumped hubby, and a few hour later contractions were really strong. I labored through the night, then checked into the hospital at 7 AM and he was born right after the midwife got back from her lunch. :haha:

We tango'd several days that week which always brought on contractions, so I'm convinced the combination of nipple stimulation+sex did the final trick.

Good luck!

We tried that and it didn't work for us, but I have definitely heard it working for others.:thumbup:

It did for our son. I went into preterm labor at just before 31 weeks. Thankfully they stopped it and sent me home. I got a massive rush of libido one night at around 34-36 (cant remember) and we DTD. I woke up in the middle of the night with awful cramps. I kept vomiting and felt the same as I did in transition (or when I had food poisoning at 28 weeks, such a fun last leg of pregnancy lol). I kept feeling like I needed to poop. Hubby was on the phone to the midwife, explaining what was going on and that was the first question she asked. When he said yes, I could hear her scolding him, LOL. It didn't eventuate to anything except regular, daily, quite strong Braxton hicks until 2 weeks be for he was born, when I officially entered first stage.

It can definitely worrk sweetie by only if your body is ready, like most induction methods xx Good luck to you honey xx

Well considering my waters broke about 30 seconds after dtd I would say yes. I was 36+6 at the time but by daughter was born at 37 weeks (just three hours after dtd!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->