Can someone just give me some advice on bleeding/dizziness after m/c

Hope13

Reaction score
Hi everyone

After a m/c 12 days ago, I am still bleeding. This varies from red (which strangely seems to be in the afternoon) and then in a morning which is brownish. On an evening, it is brownish in colour again. Im sorry for tmi. My question is, has anyone else had different colours of bleeding after a m/c. I was only four and a half weeks when I m/c. For the past week, I have had really bad dizzy spells and am just wondering if anyone else has also had this. The dizziness doesn't seem to be going. The bleeding at first was about the same as a heavyish period but nothing unbearable. I know the bleeding can last for a while but its the dizziness that is more of a bother. I wonder if it is stress related? Also today, I was dusting and had a sharp pain when turning to the side. I had this a little later in the day as well. Its so hard having a constant reminder all of the time about what happened and just seems so hard to get over. Anyone else's stories/comments would be greatly appreciated. xx

TTC for 2 years.

Could I also just add that I am still getting dull like mild period pains...is that normal after 12 days?..x

Hi, well I don't know much about the dizziness, but I did have different colours in my bleeding. It would be dark red, then brown, then light, then heavy. It was always different. I was only 6 weeks, but they stopped growing at about 4 or 5 weeks.

I've also had some sharp pains. I don't really know what they mean. I guess anything is possible after a miscarriage...

Also, I was TTC for a year and a half.

I'm sorry I can't be much help in trying to figure out whats wrong, but at least I can say that my bleeding wasn't just like a period with a good flow.

When you say period pains, do you mean like cramps? Cause I've been cramping constantly since about a week after the miscarriage. I think I ovulted then, and I've been cramping every day since.

But my bleeding only lasted for a week. But I've heard of it going longer.

If in doubt, call your doctor.

Hi, well I don't know much about the dizziness, but I did have different colours in my bleeding. It would be dark red, then brown, then light, then heavy. It was always different. I was only 6 weeks, but they stopped growing at about 4 or 5 weeks.

I've also had some sharp pains. I don't really know what they mean. I guess anything is possible after a miscarriage...

Also, I was TTC for a year and a half.

I'm sorry I can't be much help in trying to figure out whats wrong, but at least I can say that my bleeding wasn't just like a period with a good flow.

When you say period pains, do you mean like cramps? Cause I've been cramping constantly since about a week after the miscarriage. I think I ovulted then, and I've been cramping every day since.

But my bleeding only lasted for a week. But I've heard of it going longer.

If in doubt, call your doctor.

Thank you for your reply Xpecta. I do mean like cramps yes. They are mild though but I can feel them. That is useful to know about the colour of the bleeding. That's interesting you were only bleeding a week. Each day I keep expecting it to lighten up and for things to get back to normal. I think I will just see how this weekend goes and then book an appointment with my G.P. This is such an ongoing and traumatic thing. I only said to my dh tonight I hope I never have to go through this again and I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy. x

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It is just the most tramatic thing a woman can experience!! I can't believe we have to go through it, but at least we can come out the other side.

Yeah, I didn't bleed very heavy and for very long. I don't know if thats normal or not, but hopefully I'm okay. haha.

Well, keep me updated. Hopefully things go well for you.

I will keep you updated and thank you again for the reply. Oh, and if one more person says to me 'everything happens for a reason' and 'at least you know you can get pregnant', I think that will send me crazy, lol. Some people just don't understand. Take care and all the very best to you. x

you are probably anemic and thats why your dizzy, the different types of bleeding are probably because the brown blood is older blood but during the day when your moving around, its newer fresher blood, thats what i was told could happen and thats what happend after my son was born.

sorry for your loss, hope it stops soon.

call a doctor monday and get checked, you will probably need iron tablets.

Hi Hope13

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I miscarried early last month and yes I had mild cramps and different types/colours of blood for about 10 days after medical management, but it was the dizziness that really freaked me out. I couldnt stand up from the sofa without having to hold onto the side of it for a few seconds or even stand from the loo without the bathroom spinning.

I think we have to consider what our bodies are going through and the amount of blood we lose, which can cause aneamia - dizziness being a common side effect. Hormones freaking out will cause our bodies to do strange things too.

My dizziness has almost disappeared now (only notice it every few days or so), so hopefully yours will subside as the days go on.

take care xx

I will keep you updated and thank you again for the reply. Oh, and if one more person says to me 'everything happens for a reason' and 'at least you know you can get pregnant', I think that will send me crazy, lol. Some people just don't understand. Take care and all the very best to you. x

OH I KNOW! I mean SERIOUSLY!! Who is that helping!? Why do people think thats going to do anything but make us more upset!? Seriously?!....Uh hem...Sorry, I just know what you're going through and where you're coming from.

In all honesty though, I am happy that I know I can get pregnant now. That is one thing that is comforting me. But thats because only one person said it, which made me think of it, and realize it for what it is. But if you have person after person saying it to you, then FRIG thats irritating!

Hi Hope13

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I miscarried early last month and yes I had mild cramps and different types/colours of blood for about 10 days after medical management, but it was the dizziness that really freaked me out. I couldnt stand up from the sofa without having to hold onto the side of it for a few seconds or even stand from the loo without the bathroom spinning.

I think we have to consider what our bodies are going through and the amount of blood we lose, which can cause aneamia - dizziness being a common side effect. Hormones freaking out will cause our bodies to do strange things too.

My dizziness has almost disappeared now (only notice it every few days or so), so hopefully yours will subside as the days go on.

take care xx

Thanks for your reply Ebaz, that has really reassured me. I will have to go to the docs. I just dont rate my GP after all what has happened over the last month and particularly the last year. He totally messed up my scheduling over seeing the FS and sent me for lots of tests that the FS only repeated and said the GP shouldnt have run. Arggghhh, so frustrating. Anyway. thanks again for your advice. I hope you are feeling better too and you get your BFP very very soon. Keep in touch and keep me posted. xx

you are probably anemic and thats why your dizzy, the different types of bleeding are probably because the brown blood is older blood but during the day when your moving around, its newer fresher blood, thats what i was told could happen and thats what happend after my son was born.

sorry for your loss, hope it stops soon.

call a doctor monday and get checked, you will probably need iron tablets.

Thanks eternal. The bleeding seems to have gone a little today so I am hoping it is coming to an end. What a horrible past couple of weeks. Ive started with sinusitis and what feels like a golf ball in my throat this morning but I think my body is so run down after what has happened recently. Im dosed up with paracetamols this morning. Thanks again for your input, much appreciated. x

OH I KNOW! I mean SERIOUSLY!! Who is that helping!? Why do people think thats going to do anything but make us more upset!? Seriously?!....Uh hem...Sorry, I just know what you're going through and where you're coming from.

In all honesty though, I am happy that I know I can get pregnant now. That is one thing that is comforting me. But thats because only one person said it, which made me think of it, and realize it for what it is. But if you have person after person saying it to you, then FRIG thats irritating!

Its strange as I read a thread on here last week about things people should avoid saying to people after a m/c....and of the ten, I think about 7 had been said to me! Arggghhh, lol. This week is easier for me to deal with it but last week, I just wanted to hide under the duvet!

x

I'm glad your weeks are getting better!! Thats great! Wish mine was!

Hi everyone

After a m/c 12 days ago, I am still bleeding. This varies from red (which strangely seems to be in the afternoon) and then in a morning which is brownish. On an evening, it is brownish in colour again. Im sorry for tmi. My question is, has anyone else had different colours of bleeding after a m/c. I was only four and a half weeks when I m/c. For the past week, I have had really bad dizzy spells and am just wondering if anyone else has also had this. The dizziness doesn't seem to be going. The bleeding at first was about the same as a heavyish period but nothing unbearable. I know the bleeding can last for a while but its the dizziness that is more of a bother. I wonder if it is stress related? Also today, I was dusting and had a sharp pain when turning to the side. I had this a little later in the day as well. Its so hard having a constant reminder all of the time about what happened and just seems so hard to get over. Anyone else's stories/comments would be greatly appreciated. xx
TTC for 2 years.

Hi Hope,

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I had a MMC on 20th Dec, bled for 2 weeks and got AF 29 days later.
I too, had dizziness! It was so bad that I was panicking something was really wrong with me, I didn't really think it was linked to the MC but reading your post has made me think it is! I feel ok now (touch wood) and am ttc again! Good luck to you, fx'd your bleeding and dizziness stops soon xx

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->