Can someone please give me some advice on how to help my sore nipples?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I'm trying to breastfeed Riley although his latching on is getting loads better I didn't take my Lansinoh nipple cream with me to the hospital and he has latched on awkwardly a couple times which has caused my nipples to become red, sore and slightly cracked.

I've tried drying them gently with a warm hairdryer and I'm now applying the cream. I'm trying to let lots of air get to them and make sure that from now on he latches on properly. Is there anything else that I can do to speed up their repair?

The only other thing I can think of is rubbing in a couple of drops BM and letting them airdry before you put any lansinoh on. Congrats on your new arrival! :flower:

I agree about letting tjem air dry and keep putting the cream on.

Savoy caabage leaves works wonders inside your bra but you will smell like cooked cabbage!!

I got a similar thing last time and it ended up being agony so I used some rubber/plastic nipple shields that kept a gap between my nipples and bra so they didn't get rubbed. I also expressed milk on the really sore side for a day which seemed to help.

Savoy caabage leaves works wonders inside your bra but you will smell like cooked cabbage!!

I got a similar thing last time and it ended up being agony so I used some rubber/plastic nipple shields that kept a gap between my nipples and bra so they didn't get rubbed. I also expressed milk on the really sore side for a day which seemed to help.

^^ WSS

For the first few weeks I rarely wore a top or bra at home (unless we had visitors lol) I put Lansinoh on before and after every feed and always tried to make sure he had a good latch. A couple of weeks ago I got some Medela breast shells from Amazon to wear in my bra between feeds and they've been a lifesaver! The great thing about them is that they don't rub on your nipples like breast pads and also the milk that leaks is collected in the shell rather than sitting in a soggy pad next to your skin (which makes healing time a lot slower).

Hope that helps xx

^^ WSS

For the first few weeks I rarely wore a top or bra at home (unless we had visitors lol) I put Lansinoh on before and after every feed and always tried to make sure he had a good latch. A couple of weeks ago I got some Medela breast shells from Amazon to wear in my bra between feeds and they've been a lifesaver! The great thing about them is that they don't rub on your nipples like breast pads and also the milk that leaks is collected in the shell rather than sitting in a soggy pad next to your skin (which makes healing time a lot slower).

Hope that helps xx

My breast shields were similar, they were great. Though I did look like I had strange pointy Madonna boobs!

I have been using medela shileds to feed and they have been a life saver. I tried to feed a couple of times without the shileld but it hurts so bad and gets blistered again so I will be sticking with the shileds. (Midwife told me not to as it reduces the amount of milk, but my LO put on weight rather than losing it after being born so obviously not the case for me)

congrats again and well done!
the only things that helped me: lansinoh, rubbing bm in with lots of time exposed to the air (topless round the house a lot lol). also making sure he was latched on properly (he had a terrible latch at first) and time (it was fine after about 5-6 weeks). hope it improves a bit more quickly for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->