Can taking B6 before ovulation delay it?

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I just read elsewhere that taking B6 can delay ovulation. I was taking evening primrose oil which included B6 and read that whilst EPO encourages oestrogen, B6 encourages progesterone which can have a counter effect delaying ovulation. I had weird OPKs this cycle and Fertility Friend put ovulation at CD13 which initially, going by other signs I thought was wrong, so I put ovulation at CD12 which is usually when I would ovulate (anywhere between CD10-CD14 but usually CD11 or CD12 is most common for me).
Could this be why? I'm wondering if it caused a delay by a day or two. If anyone can advise that would be fab! Wondering if I should put my chart back to advanced rather than manual override

I’m wondering the same. I’ve taken EPO for 2 cycles now and it’s had no affect. But this cycle I also started but B complex and I ovulated on day 14. Normally I do on 12/13. Sounds probable to me

First time taking EPO this cycle + Fertilaid which also includes B6. With DS, I was taking fertilaid and that's the longest ovulation I ever had, CD20. This time maybe i will O late as well. We'll see in a week. Loving your chart btw. When are you testing? FX you get a :bfp:

Who me? My chart is high because I use Cyclogest, which at 15dpo now I have stopped as I had positive tests which then faded away to nothing.

I was taking (and still am) extra B complex throughout but I'm unsure the level of B6 in that, but then started taking EPO with B6 on top until ovulation which FF put at CD13. I usually ovulate between CD11 and CD12. However, if I did ovulate at CD13 then I would have only been 5dpo when I saw my strongest positive hpt which seems somewhat unrealistic. On changing the settings on the app to research instead of advanced it out ovulation at CD11, which would have made me 7dpo when I had those tests, which is early but much more realistic than only 5dpo. So I'm a little confused by this cycle and whether the app is wrong or whether the extra B6 put ovulating off by a day or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->