Can the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor get it wrong???

Gemlou78

Reaction score
I'm sooo frustrated with the monitor that I may throw it out of the window :growlmad:

I had a 21 day blood test a couple of months ago and was told I had ovulated that month. I was over the moon.

Thing is i've never really noticed any ewcm and never really tested positive on the normal ovulation sticks. So a friend who has recently had a baby gave me her monitor to take the guess work of lines out of it.

But all i've had is 'high fertility' since cd8 and I'm now on cd 19 still testing 'high' but no peak :brat:

I feel like screaming it's really getting me down now. I'd like to think it's the stupid monitor but I know it's more likely to be my body letting me down :cry:

Any thought's....had anybody else had this with the monitor but they were actually ovulating?

It's normal for the first cycle to have lots of highs . It needs to "learn" about your cycle. I had highs from about day 13 right the way through to the end of the sticks without a peak.

Hi Mindy, I have a 29 day cycle most of the time. So does it just not show anybody a peak the first time. Or does it mean I haven't O'd this month? I'm just so confused and frustrated.

Hi Mindy, I have a 29 day cycle most of the time. So does it just not show anybody a peak the first time. Or does it mean I haven't O'd this month? I'm just so confused and frustrated.

Often it wont show a peak on a first cycle. I won't say never. It didn't for mr but I got pregnant that cycle so I must have ov'd!

Be patient, take month one as a learning curve and see what cycle two brings. Id be 95% sure you get a peak next cycle

Thanks, fingers crossed then. I feel like i'm probably going to get the :witch: next week as I have just gotten the usual spot on my jaw line and slight back ache. Fingers crossed I get my peak next cycle.

Thanks for taking the time to reply hun :thumbup:

I haven't used one before, but my friend said when she did her first cycle... the monitor had to learn her patterns. Hopefully next cycle it will work better for you!

Hi, I know I am a couple of months late on replying to this, but I hope you get it!

I've had a strange month with my monitor vs BBT charting and have done a bit of research and found an interesting explanation of how the monitor works on another board - the OP had contacted the CB helpline and they explained the following:

The monitor gives you the first "high" reading when it first detects high oestrogen. It then stops reading the oestrogen and gives you automatic high readings. It then just looks at the LH concentration, and as soon as it detects the LH, gives you a peak. It then gives you a second peak, followed by a high, and then goes down to low until AF arrives (or hopefully doesn't arrive!).

If it misses the LH surge, you get tonnes of highs, until you have used up the 20 stick quota. It sounds like you were stuck in that position.

I have now started to both chart AND use the CBFM for this reason (BD for the entire month is too exhausting!!). My chart shows that I have O'd (CM and temps) and am now 6 dpo but the monitor didn't get the peak. Good old CBFM is telling me I am highly fertile!

I hope that helps!

:dust:

Hi Glitterbaby, I started to temp after this post as I just always had high constantly. I've had positive opk's the last two cycles and my chart showed I had O'd with temp rises.

Still no luck conceiving so I am booked in for a lap & dye on 12th June I have my pre op appointment on Friday.

From temping I have learnt that my O day varies as does my luteal phase (more than it should) so I guess we will have to wait and see what they find from my operation. Fingers crossed it's something they can fix easily. I think they will put me on clomid after the op.

Fx'd this is your month :thumbup:

Hi GemLou

Wanted to wish you all the best for your appt tomorrow - let's hope it is the start of a short journey to your BFP :thumbup:

I'm keeping everything crossed for this month, now 14DPO, so 4 more days until :witch: is due. We've now been TTC for 17 months and have agreed that we're off to the Doctors if this month is a no-go, so either way, things are going to be moving along soon! x

Thanks Glitterbaby, it went ok..they just took medical history, bloods & urine. So all systems go for the operation on 12th of June.

Also took OH's sperm for analysis but I'm pretty sure it's me not him that's the problem what with my crazy cycles and all!

I hope this is your BFP cycle!! Please let me know how it turns out. Wow 17months...we have been a year and it just feels like forever :nope:

Fingers crossed for you! x

Hi Gemlou

Just wanted to let you know I got my very first BFP this morning. I am keeping everything crossed that it sticks! It was the first time we had tried out preseed, not sure if it was responsible, but ...:shrug: !

Best of luck for the 12th, I will keep everything crossed for you! xxx:hugs:

Wow thats fantastic :happydance: congratulations hun!! We tried preseed a couple of cycles ago when I wasnt producing much ewcm. I have been producing it orithout help lately though so we havent bothered.

I may try it again regardless now though...after hearing your happy news :flower:

Hi Glitterbaby I just wanted to let you know I finally got my BFP...so just cancelled my lap and dye on Tuesday!

Hope all is progressing nicely for you! xx

Hi Glitterbaby I just wanted to let you know I finally got my BFP...so just cancelled my lap and dye on Tuesday!

Hope all is progressing nicely for you! xx

That is the best news - so happy you didn't have to put yourself through the L&D too! Perfect timing - wishing you H&H 9M xxxx

Hi ladies, I hope you get this, congrats on your BFP's :)))

Glitterbaby, I stumbled accross this post looking for an answer to a question I had myself..

You wrote in your first post to this thread, the way in which the monitor "looked for the O surge & then the LH..."

My monitor this month has gone from one egg to three eggs!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ssed-cbfm-incorrect-reading.html#post22132199

I wonder if you had any insight into this please??

Hello!

The only thing I can think of is that machine checks for the O surge and, if it finds it, then also looks for the LH surge in the same reading - if it finds the O surge, you'll get the 2 eggs - if it also finds the LH surge, you'll get 3 ... the next time you put a stick in, it knows it has already had the O surge, so only looks for the LH surge.

Good Luck! :dust:

Ah thanks for replying honey!!!

Yes fingers crossed eh!!! i hope so soooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4