Can thinking about being late make you late?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
I was working out when my AF will be for my holiday and it will arrive on the last 2 days. So i was thinking shit!!!!! If im just one or 2 days late on one cycle that should meen AF will arrrive once i got back.

AF was due yesterday and i know im not pregnant unless a comdom split but that split was sooooooo small it couldnt be noticed which is highly unlikely.

So im just thinking can wishing your cycle to be a bit longer make it a bit longer? All that mind over matter and our brain and bodies being linked on a subconcious (sp?) level stuff?

LOL it would be just ur luck that ur AF arrived 2 days early on ur hols!

Are you always regular? x

I know when we had our two pregnancy scares the more worked up I got about AF having gone AWOL the later it made me, after doing tests to put my mind at rest and getting BFN she turned up next day the first time and 2 days later the second.

Toyah, iv had 28 day cycles bar 2 since coming off the pill in january.

Thats what i was thinking sooz, i know a few girls me included who have had a scare and come on ether later that day or the next day after getting a BFN.

i worked out my cycle for my holiday too, mine is a really pants time - right in the middle of my holiday!!! Im hoping that i have a few shorter or longer cycles so that im not on. I really wanted to be away for OV time as i will be ttc and from the way i hve worked it ov is a week before we go :( :( :( So im hoping my brain can persuade my cycle to sort its self out and let me ov while we are away :rofl: xxx

If we translate thinking about something into being anxious, then I think it can make AF late. Mind is a powerful thing, for good and for bad. Hope it comes when it suits you

Stressing about something can defo make you late.
My job is pretty crazy at the best of times, but it went INSANE over summer and I suddenly went from 32-36 day cycles to an incredible 114 day cycle!! They just stopped! Im convinced this was stress-related

Having said all that I must wonder if they are different types of stress. I mean, as an anxiety sufferer you would think I would have very irregular periods,but they are actually (usually) very regular, bang on the day 29. Maybe its having from one month to the next a different degree of anxiety or stress? To tell the truth... who knows? Our bodies and minds are still 90% a mystery in my opinion.

I agree with holly and calm....being stressed about having a late AF can make you late. I've had that happen to me before. Also stuff like starting a new diet and a new exercise routine can make AF late too. And if you're stressed about your job/homelife you can be late.

I wasent stressing over it, i was just thinking about how it would be great if i was a few days late or early over a few cycles just to put it back next may.

I know in the past I have been a day late then because I am thinking about being late, I have been even later, but I wasn't going to risk it when I was on holiday in September so I went to the docs to get a weeks worth of tablets to delay my period but maybe it won't be too bad if it was the last 2 days (mine was due the day of my holiday!).

Im gonna see closer to the time where abouts im going to be and if needs be i will go see my GP. It would realy suck being on while on holiday, specialy cos were at it like rabits when were away.

I wasent stressing over it, i was just thinking about how it would be great if i was a few days late or early over a few cycles just to put it back next may.

I think there is a very thin line between stressing and thinking about something. However, I know what you mean, it wasn't an actual worry. I read somewhere that going on a plane brings on your period, that certainly happened for me more than once, once over a 1 week early! (They said something about pressure in the cabin affecting a cycle, makes me think that maybe flying when TTC is not a good idea)

It does suck to have a period when on holiday!

I think it is definately a case of mind over matter. Periods are def related to the mind as well as body IMO.

Being on whilst on hols does suck,it kinda spoils it really. Esp if you were planning on lots of :sex:

I think it's one of the things I like most about the pill. I was due AF on my honeymoon so I took two packets back to back through July & August....problem solved!

i think stress can delay but possibly not willing it, i agree, so where you are closer to the time hon, and a dr's trip might be worth it, as they can per prescribe something to delay it if need be x

Do not underestimate the role stress play in all this matters, for me is the number one factor.

Every month I think i'm pregnant my cycle comes late. Then again, mine haven't settled down after stopping the pill anyway. Which just confuses me even more :wacko:

Im not pregnant, OH is the tipe of person to have homer simpson sperm and they wouldent be able to get through a comdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->