Can u really ovulate 5 days after a positive opk ??

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
I was kinda just relying on using opts rather than temping as we'll.....as its not always practical with a toddler.

I read some women have ovulated up to 5 days after their +opk !!

Is this right ??

It is roughly supposed to be 12-36 hours after based on your brand, but I have heard that this can happen. You have to also think about how your body may gear up to ovulate and give a positive opk, but then gets delayed for some reason and you ovulate a few days later. (Not always, but it can happen). Temping is the easiest way to confirm that it did happen for sure, but I understand that can be difficult with a lo at home. However, if it is something you might consider I have heard that people can still see their shift even if it is a little off sometimes. If not, I'd suggest trying every day or every other day for at least 2-5 days after the positive. I'd also suggest trying on the days you notice fertile cm as well. Good luck! :flower:

Wow !!...Thanks chic. Hmmmm....may have to start temping again as not clued up on cm and cervical stuff xx

I've reads loads of medical research on everything fertility. 96-100% of cycles with a positive OPK will have ovulation either the day of the positive or in the three days after it. 5 days after is extremely unlikely, though nothing is impossible when TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->