Can we get any help??

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Let me start from the beginning. 2011 I started a new job, but was let go at the end of my 6 month probation at the end of november after having 15 weeks signed off sick with hyperemesis. My son arrived 6 weeks early on the 6th feb 2012. Say he was only with us for 13 hours. I claimed the £500 sure start grant, which went towards his funeral/memorial costs, and claimed MA at £135 pw I think? I didn't feel ready to begin job hunting as I developed very bad anxiety. The same week my MA ended, in September, I managed to get a Christmas temp job at a department store. During this time, I was fortunate enough to fall pregnant again, and my temp job came to an end on Christmas eve, as expected. My partner had a very good job, but was made redundant last march. He's been fortunate enough to find another managerial job last October, with slightly less pay, but at least he's working. We moved into a much cheaper property, saving £200 a month on rent. I'm currently claiming jsa, but been told this will end around 28/30 weeks into my pregnancy. My partner has 3 children with his ex wife that he pays csa for.

I'm really confused as to what we'll be entitled too. I don't think I'll get MA as I didn't work for long enough, and I can't claim income support as my partner earns just over £22,000 (before tax, ni, csa, etc). So, just what can we claim? We don't drive, shop on a budget, try not up have the heating on too much, don't really have any 'luxury' items and don't go out on his days off to save money. I'm just worried that when baby gets here, we're going to struggle with just his wage trying to cover everything. So far, we've bought most things second hand, apart from pram/car seat, which was a gift from my mum and step dad.

I am applying for countless jobs, but not having much luck, which having an obvious bump, I expected. Anyone able to offer an insight at all as to what we might get? The jobcentre make it very difficult to find out what youre entitled too. x

Hey Lexi,

Not sure I can help much because I don't know about the benefits system, it's a mystery to me too but have you been to the Citizens Advice Bureau? They're usually quite knowledgeable on things like that and may be able to point you in the right direction. Hope you get some help.

Kate.
Xx

Anyone have any help??x

Sadly I don't think you will get anything except possible wtc which your partner should be able to claim? You will of course get child benefit. The citizens advice is a good port of call to try? I am also very sorry for your loss. Xx

:hugs: Lexi
I'm so sorry for all you are going through at the moment. The CAB will be your best bet to get the most up to date and accurate advice as things change regularly with the government.

When is your LO due? & do you know what you are having? Please don't take offense but if you would like any of it I have a lot of baby girl clothes, many not worn as we got a lot of gifts, ( took 3 years to get our baby so family were extra generous lol) & we also have many toys (play mat / bouncer etc) that our LO will grow out of soon.

We were going to give them to a charity shop but your story has touched me, I'm so sorry for the loss of your LO, I can't imagine what that's like & then with the money worries I really feel for you.

I am sorry if I've offended you with the offers but please pm me if you'd be interested at all.

:hugs:
xx

Hi hun, First off hugs! I'm in a similar situation to yourself in that I am currently on JSA having been on MA with my second and haven't been able to find any work since that finished at Christmas.

Once you've had baby you'll be able to get Child Benefit and maybe Child tax credits and your hubby may be able to claim working tax credits too. Apart from that, you can't claim anything - I'm able to claim income support solely because my hubby is a student so we rely on the student grants and loans he gets as our main income which isn't much. I know the feeling in that you do everything you can to make ends meet, but the ends keep getting further and further apart. The water company called me the other day as our bill has gotten high and I simply had to tell them to take £3 more a month as that's all I can afford.

The thing I keep telling myself is it's not forever. 6-12 months after baby arrives things will be getting back to some semblence of normality. Hopefully I'll be back at work at least part time, and we'll be able to get on with things. Pregnancy always seems to be a limbo to me.....it's a waiting game as you can't actually do anything until baby gets here. Try to enjoy some quality time while you can (That's Entertainment in norwich do 3 DVD's for £5 - Bargain and nice for a night in with other half :thumbup:) Good luck xx

I notice you're in Norfolk too? Whereabouts?

Thank you everyone, Lisa, I'll send you a pm. Aimee-Lou, I'm in Norwich. My oh is the store manager at cex on st Stephens, so we're all about the cheap dvds! Where abouts ate you?xx

Hi,

Sorry haven't got anything to add, than the other girls have said. Just wanted to say I am in Norwich too :) I am not sure what you are having lexi, but we have some boys clothes if that would help at all.

xxx

Hi topsy, I'm expected a girl this time. Thank you so much though!! x

when i had LO my OH was on 15K before tax, i wasnt working after maternity leave.

we got £26pw Housing benifit
Child Tax Credits
Child Benifit &
Working Tax Credits.

HTH a bit, but go to cab like others have suggested :) x

Thank you everyone, Lisa, I'll send you a pm. Aimee-Lou, I'm in Norwich. My oh is the store manager at cex on st Stephens, so we're all about the cheap dvds! Where abouts ate you?xx

Hi,

Sorry haven't got anything to add, than the other girls have said. Just wanted to say I am in Norwich too :) I am not sure what you are having lexi, but we have some boys clothes if that would help at all.

xxx

I'm in Dereham.

My mums out that way in toftwood x

We are about 30 min walk from city center, good to know there are some fellow Norfolk baby & bumpers :) xxx

I'm not far from the city centre, about 20 minutes, out towards silver road x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->