can we still have a routine..

L

Laura--x

Even though baby will not have her own room?

I really want to get my baby into a nighttime rountine from about 3 months, but with me still living at home the baby will be sleeping in the same room as me and oh are in,which is our living/sleeping room. So that means that we wont be able to put her in her own room at say 7pm with lights out and no noise, because we will still have the tele on and be talking and doing our own thing.. would this interfere with being able to have a routine?

x

i wont lie to you hun, i think yes it will mean that your baby wont have a set bedtime routine but if you feel comfortable going with the flow then thats fine too

It doesnt stop you from getting the baby into a routine, it will just be slightly different. Yes having its owm room would be easier but dont let that stop you hun :)

You could bath and feed, then dim the lights and turn the telly down etc.

Ive done this with max up until he got his own room , i bath him , massage , feed and change him into his pj's ..dim the lights and put on his mobile ..and he would be fine after about 10 min we could start talking again with no problem

Could you both not go and make dinner while she settles and by the time that is done she would be asleep? x

It works over here. I share a room with 2 of my younger sisters. I put Lexie to bed at 9pm (in her cot) then my sisters go to bed either at the same time or 9:30-10:00pm on a weekend. My sisters talk in bed but she manages to sleep through it. And I go to bed about 11pm. And she's fine. :)

We plan to have LO with us in our room for a while and have started (trying to ) establish a routine. I think it works fine but we don't have a tv in our room and we leave a night light on so we can see when we come to bed.

Works over here, tom's asleep in his cot and because the tv's next to my bed, its all good :)

Jasmines can sleep through the tv lol... our rooms are configured weird upstaires so she is still rally close, and my oh likes the tv on while he sleeps. II agree, just dim the lights, if your not doing anything turn tem off, turn the tv down low and maybe while your still awake put a blanket over the side of the crib to keep the light from shining in... then just make sure you take it off before you go to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->