Can you ask for an induction?

Luluchaos

Reaction score
Essentially, I really don't want to be induced... I'd much rather the little pain would come of his own accord, BUT I also need my mummy there as she's my birth partner and she has to go back to Cyprus on the 25th...

So I was just wondering... If you're 41 weeks, can you ask to be induced for personal reasons? Or do they make you wait?

Like I said, I'd much rather not go through an induction if he'd come on his own, but if not, I'd hate to have had my mum here and her not see him til he's a month old because he was too late :'(

Has your midwife not even mentioned induction to you yet considering your 41 weeks? I'd deffo bring it up with her, they wouldnt do it for personal reasons id imagine but in the uk im pretty sure they dont let you go more then 12-14 days over, I'm being induced Saturday and I'll be 41+4 x

Nope. I'm 40+4 at the minute... They're not even planning to see me again until I'm 41+1. I'm considering giving them a call tomorrow to see about it... I'd love to have it set and booked just in case... But my midwifery unit annoy me anyway... A lot of them are very patronising and holier than thou. I don't exactly feel like I can ask them anything...

My doc had said w/ first if I was experiencing contractions and was 38-39 wks. than ya they would.(luckily I had my first at 37w 4d, so no need to go that far.) Anyway, in the states they don't let you go past a week. Not sure of where you are though. You could always ask.

id be tempted to ring you mw and see if you can get in for a sweep first either tomorrow or the next day. My mw offers a sweep once you reach your DD

I had a really hard time last time getting the consultant to agree to an earlier induction due to my first son being larger. She then booked it in for term + 10 but only because all days up to day 14 past term were fully booked so she had no choice really. It was either day 10 or day 15+

So yeah I doubt they will tbh xx

I had a sweep on Tuesday but no luck as yet... :p I was 2cm dialated then but my cervix was still facing backwards... I've been trying all the old wives tales... No luck... If it weren't for the deadline I wouldn't be so fussed, but every day he's lazy is a day my mum doesn't get to meet him :( that would be sad :( lol

That's the thing, I would be term +8 by the next time I even see my midwife... It's just a pain. I'm hoping he'll pop out tonight to be honest but if he doesn't I'll just have to ring them and help them see my point of view :p

I'd ring the hospital and ask them about the induction date since you are overdue they should have discussed that with you. Btw i see you're from newcastle, what hospital are you going for the birth?

I was originally in Newcastle and was going to the RVI but I've since moved to Leicestershire :( sorry. Need to change that really haha
And I did think it was a bit odd that no one had even mentioned it... But i think I've decided to at least talk to them about it since there's no inclination to talk to me about it...

Depends on your dr. mine said i can be induced at 39 weeks if i want to which i do assuming i haven't delivered by then

that's odd that she hasn't booked you in. i got booked in when i was a few days overdue. i'd give her a ring hun.

I agree you need to ask! They cannot just work around your mum tho unfortunately, I am sure she will understand, she must have realised baby could be late. Its fruastrating I know,

That's the thing... She's given him 11 days leeway :p which is more than most people seem to require even before an induction lol he's just doing it to be awkward :p like his mummy haha
Needs must and all that but I can't even pretend that it won't make me a bit grumpy with my bump if he's awkward for the sake of lazy and comfy haha

Spoilt, I know... But true haha

I'd call, its unlikely you would get one for personal reasons early, but since your past term there is a fair chance. Cant hurt to ask.

Well I gave birth to my first at 41+2 and there had been no talk about booking an induction at that point...

I know someone who was induced because OH was going back to work the next day. I can't see why they would deny you that opportunity when you wouldn't have a birth partner to support u... It's not as if you are asking to be induced early either so hopefully they will say yes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->