Can you conceive with high LH:FSH ratio?

GoldenRatio

Reaction score
My FSH:LH ratio is 1:5 and my doctor put me on metformin 1500mg. This is my second month taking met and i already feel like im never gonna be able to balance out my hormones and conceive.

My cycles are regular but short as 2-3 light bleeding along with cramps. Even tho my LH levels are supposed to be high, i get positive opk around CD13-14. I also tried temping for 4 months and got temp shift all times but my doc thinks im not ovulating.

My last af was 5days, not too heavy but def longer than it has ever been so maybe metformin is working?

I guess im hoping to see some success stories:blush:

I can't remember what my FSH/LH was, but I do remember my androgen levels were high and my PCOS was 'one of the severest' cases the nurse who scanned me had seen. I was 17 and diagnosed because my periods just failed to start.

It took us 18 months to conceive #1, just as we had finished investigations and our turn on the waiting list for fertility consultant was coming up, I peed on a stick and it went pink. It was so unexpected that my husband is convinced it's a miracle (he'd prayed a few weeks before about it and promised that if God gave us a child, he'd bring it to church) He kept his promise and took Joe to church at two weeks old for the first time. He credits it for his conversion. (I think it's coincidence but hey, whatever floats his boat!)

#2 and #3 followed in quick succession (no periods between the boys, and one inbetween Nat and Ella) and my cycles have been fairly regular since - before, I was averaging one period a year and we weren't sure if that was just anovulatory bleed or what. I had had a period in January 2010 then nothing, and fell pregnant in June.

Good luck and baby dust!

Thats great to hear! I feel like if its meant to happen, it will happen but i cant stop feeling down. Also question my faith. My mom has a friend who couldnt get pregnant for 10 years and she is super religious so i dont think convo and promises with God works.

So you didnt take anything to conceive ur first? did u take any supplement or try anything? You didnt have period but did you have hormonal acne or hair loss or weight problem?

No, I didn't take anything at all, no meds or supplements or pre-natals or anything. We had given up, and were just waiting for the doctor's appointment to get meds and put on the IVF waiting list.

I didn't have weight issues or hair loss (or excess hair) Doctor insisted that it wasn't possible that I had PCOS because I didn't show any signs. Then pulled up my scans and it looked like someone had taken a black marker pen and drawn circles round both ovaries. He believed me then. Then later on during the fertility testing (at 25) all my hormones came back out of whack.

My doctor checked my hormones first and didnt tell me anything until he checked my ovaries. He said my ovaries are clean, no cyst but my LH hormone is too high which means Pcos. I didnt believe him and got him test again and LH was high again.

I do have acne and hair loss and weight problems but no excess hair anywhere and my periods are regular. I guess not everyone has the symptoms 100%. I never knew 2-3day bleeding was problem, i always enjoyed having short af.

I feel like im giving p too, like i will never see the second line. My sister in law just gave birth and i hate to see my husband just envying them. :cry:
Your case def gives me hope:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->