Can you freeze banana?

Dona

Reaction score
Can you freeze mashed banana? I am wasting half a banana a day as I hate them and Archie can only manage half with his porridge!

Believe you can but needs mashed/pureed first then in a little tub or freezer bag :D

you can but it doesnt freeze well my book says not to so ive never tried but could give it ago...

know wht you mean about wasting it though :(

I found this:
https://www.ivillage.co.uk/food/experts/coach/qas/0,,177274_186088,00.html

Is this why it doesn't freeze well?

I also found people saying they freeze bananas in skins (unpeeled) for use with cooking etc if they are starting to turn!

I found this:
https://www.ivillage.co.uk/food/experts/coach/qas/0,,177274_186088,00.html

Is this why it doesn't freeze well?

I also found people saying they freeze bananas in skins (unpeeled) for use with cooking etc if they are starting to turn!

We had a bunch of frozen over ripe bananas in the freezer, not peeled, for making banana bread. I was going to use some for Claire but because they were over ripe I couldn't.

I haven't seen anything that says you can't freeze banana. I did it mixed with some applesauce... haven't tried anything else as I've found that banana constipates Claire something fierce.

Poked around, found this: https://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_...a_for_baby_food_And_how_long_can_it_be_stored

I guess it needs to be mashed? Still better than throwing out a half each time, for sure!

I've always been told that you can't :shrug: It says no in the Annabel Karmel books too, because they go all brown and slimy... God knows, be so much easier if you can as I waste so many!

Or you could eat the other half.. I loooove banana !!

I wouldn't freeze it bc it would probably go brown and stuff with the freezing then thawing and all that.

I've always been told that you can't :shrug: It says no in the Annabel Karmel books too, because they go all brown and slimy... God knows, be so much easier if you can as I waste so many!

thts were i read it too

its made me think though.. i just read you couldnt so never did lol..

i made archie some and froze it i think i did banana pear and apple and when i defrosted it the banana had gone rank it was all brown and gooey i ended up binning the lot

I think you can and it doesn't change the taste any but can cause the banana to go brown

I think someone once said that putting a little bit of lemon juice on it would prevent that?

Here a common kids treat is banana dipped in chocolate then frozen whole like that...so you def can. Not sure how a whole one would mash up after frozen whole so like the others said I would mash it first, I would also add the lemon/orange juice keep it from turning brown.

when I used to Nanny, I used to put half back in the fridge in a little pot and it was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->