Can you get RLP this late?

Allie84

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
Tonight at the grocery store I got a sudden, sharp stabbing pain in my right side. Felt like a 'stitch' and right in the muscles/uterus on the right side, in the middle. Not under the rib (like pre-e liver pain would be), it didn't feel deep, and not down low (plus I don't have an appendix). I hobbled through checking out as it kept stabbing and it went away the second I sat in my car.

Does this sounds like round ligament pain? Would you feel it in the middle or isn't that in the groin? Baby moving fine, no contractions, and it completely went away since I came home and had dinner but I'm still mildly worried.

Maybe Braxton Hicks? I've never had Braxton Hicks that hurt before though.

Oh I guess if I focus on it I can feel dull pain on my right side where the pain was earlier. But now it's just super dull.

I DO have diagnosed gallstones but I usually feel that in a different spot.

Just confused!

Sounds similar to my RLP. I have been getting it since second tri but still get it all the time. Often getting out of bed but also randomly too. It hurts bad for a little bit but then goes dull. and i think it's always on one side or another.

I have braxton hicks like crazy but they don't hurt.

That’s what mine feel like... it was usually pain in the middle-ish right side, and honestly mine would often stay for some time, unlike how RLP is usually described. It’s like I had attacks of stitch-like pain.

I think it might have been more of a pulled muscle. Sometimes I’d have to lay down to get it to to quit having spasms or whatever you want to call it.

Ironically it started around 26-27 weeks for me, and was only occasional. Obviously bring it up to your doctor, but it sounds very similar to my pains.

Thanks ladies. I see my OB next week so I will bring it up for sure. I was obviously really off on where I thought round ligaments were. I thought they were really low as I get sharp burning like pain in my groin area when I get up too fast, etc. That must be something different. Ah, pregnancy!

have you ever looked up "lightning crotch" ? that is something i had in third tri with my last pregnancy... also NOT FUN... i seem to get all the awkward aches and pains!

definitely good to bring it up though, that way they know and can help direct you but usually it's something you have to wait to go away by laying down or walking it off.
my RLP makes me sorta like bend over all weird, holding onto some furniture, and slowly trying to hobble to the bathroom and by then it is usually gone but leaving a bit dull ache for awhile.

It sounds like RLP to me. Honestly it can happen in any point in your pregnancy. Mine usually happens when baby hangs in one side and it puts stress on the ligaments on that side. A few times it was so bad that it literally stopped me in my tracks. The worst time to get it is when you're in bed and trying to get up. I've spent many a morning using my hand to hold my belly just so I could get up without that sharp pain making it nearly impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->