Can you have pethidine at a home birth?

ellie1275

pregnant- 2nd trimester
Reaction score
does anyone know if the mw's can administer pethidine at a home birth?

:wacko:

Im pretty sure the only pain relief you can have at a homebirth is gas and air x

I think you can if you collect it on prescription on approval from your Doctor or MW, need to check for sure though

My friend had a home birth and she got a prescription for it from the doctor so the midwife could use it. . . she didnt use it in the end though lol she just sat in the bath for most of it and used gas and air :thumbup:

Yep!
im getting mine tomorrow from the chemists-the doc had to talk 2 my midwife 2 check i wasn't fibbing (yes i just ate too many cakes its not a baby in there!!! MEN!!!) ill b having gas and air too and my TENS machine-just talk 2 ur midwife about it! :hugs:

yes you can, you need a prescription from your DR (my midwife organized it all and i just picked up the medication)

yep, you need the prescription as everyone has said, although my midwife said that the last time she actually used it was about 6 years ago!

although i've completely forgotten to go and get my prescription! lol, never mind, i'll do it with just gas and air! eek! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->