Can you learn hypnobirthing online?

choc

Reaction score
I would like to practice hypnobirthing but my library has nothing in and I can't afford to buy or wait for a book etc. Has anyone learnt the techniques online?

I did hypnobabies self study. It is really late to start hypnobirthing techniques, they take weeks and weeks of practice. I would offer to sell you my used set but I'm not sure it would get there in time! I wish I could help more!

I had a feeling it might be a bit late but though I might still get something out of it!

I don't know about hypnobirthing per se (as in the Mongan method), but I did natal hypnotherapy and you absolutely can learn it yourself and you don't have to practice for long if that's all you have. The CD was £12 and the book was about the same, which I think is a really reasonable price. And it's never too late to start if you can devote time every day to practicing. Natal hypnotherapy has a bunch of birth videos on their website and one of the mums only practiced 4 times before her birth and she is amazingly relaxed. I think it's worth a shot. I would just find something that is simple - one track to listen to, not some complicated study plan where you have to do so many things over several weeks for it to 'work'. NH is just one 40 minute or so track and that's it. You just listen to it as much as you can.

Thanks, I will look it up x

How did it go, choc? Did it help?

I got the Hypnobirthing book off Amazon for something like $12, and it came with the CD. I haven't even had a chance to listen to the CD, but I've read the whole book through and was surprised to find I'd already learned most of the exercises it mentioned! Hopefully it helps. I need to get off my tush and dig out our CD player so I can start on the CD.

To be honest Dill I didn't really give it the time it needed in the end, so I didn't use it. Good luck to you though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->